PDA

View Full Version : Final Table - First PLO MTT

housenuts
03-21-2005, 05:37 PM
PokerStars (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Seat 1: weedub66 (34670 in chips)
Seat 2: Vinpok (40120 in chips)
Seat 4: ziggityzance (70378 in chips)
Seat 5: pearljam1012 (136456 in chips)
Seat 7: Carter02 (27376 in chips)
pearljam1012: posts small blind 1500
Carter02: posts big blind 3000

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of 1500.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to 6000</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises pot, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises pot</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls 38878 (All-In).

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot:

i think i made a major mistake here. i was not happy calling villain's over-the-top all-in and thought for a while but decided i was pot committed.

how should i have played this hand?

Cleveland Guy
03-21-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of 1500.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls 38878 (All-In).

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot:

i think i made a major mistake here. i was not happy calling villain's over-the-top all-in and thought for a while but decided i was pot committed.

how should i have played this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well - the converter is missing some stack sizes - but your hand is not that Great. You have Kings with 1 suit, and a worthless card (3 /images/graemlins/club.gif) that card actually hurts you as it's that much tougher to hit your flush now.

Assuming you still have somewhat of a deep stack, I would have smooth called the raise - and folded to SBs re-raise.

95% of the time he is re-raising here with AAxx - and you are way behind that.

housenuts
03-21-2005, 05:52 PM
ya the converter was messed. anyways there's the stack sizes which further amplifies the mistake.

i acted way too quickly. i figured i'd be able to isolate the original raiser and was most likely ahead of him. i didn't stop to think about what would happen if SB came over the top. once he did come over the top i was pretty certain he had aces. i couldn't lay it down though. i just checked the odds of my hand against a random aces hand and see i was way behind, more than i thought i would be. about 70/30.

still learning. even though it was my first PLO tournament this situation applies in hold'em tournaments too. i shouldn't be risking so much with the big stack behind me.

Cleveland Guy
03-21-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ya the converter was messed. anyways there's the stack sizes which further amplifies the mistake.

i acted way too quickly. i figured i'd be able to isolate the original raiser and was most likely ahead of him. i didn't stop to think about what would happen if SB came over the top. once he did come over the top i was pretty certain he had aces. i couldn't lay it down though. i just checked the odds of my hand against a random aces hand and see i was way behind, more than i thought i would be. about 70/30.

still learning. even though it was my first PLO tournament this situation applies in hold'em tournaments too. i shouldn't be risking so much with the big stack behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed you actually had 2 pair by the end. Did you by chance get lucky and win this hand?

and a single suited KKxx hand with no real straight options is about the worst hand you can have against AA.

8632 is much better.

betgo
03-21-2005, 06:02 PM
I think you had to call the SBs reraise, as you were pot committed.

I don't think the initial reraise was that bad, as it is 5-handed with large blinds, so you need to play aggressively. You are only in trouble versus aces, and it is not clear UTG or anyone else has them.

In a cash game, I would definately smooth call here. If you smooth call, you call 1/6 of your stack. All you have is the big pair and a flush draw, so this hand plays better allin. However, you do have position if you call.

I would probably play the hand the way you did. A lot of times you will pick up the pot with the reraise. You are usually going to be slightly ahead of any hand other than aces that wants to play with you and about a 2-1 dog against aces.

housenuts
03-21-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just noticed you actually had 2 pair by the end. Did you by chance get lucky and win this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope. i thought I did when the 7 fell on the river but he had AA6T giving him a straight.