PDA

View Full Version : Kings full with a headache...

The Prince
10-08-2002, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I'm playing in a 10-20 holdem game and I've been in high gear in the last 20 min (I've had good cards basically). I'm UTG+1 and pick up KsKh. UTG folds, I raise, only the CO calls. 2 players, 5.5 SB in the pot. BTW, I don't really know the player since I also sat down 20 min ago, but he looks typical or weaker.

The flop comes AcTc5h. I bet, my opponent calls.

The turn is the Kd. I check, he bets, I raise, he reraises, I reraise, he calls.

The river is a beautiful 5c. I bet, he raises. Now what?

I'm thinking, he could have slowplayed aces, or he has a set of Ts or quad 5s. He could also have a hand like A5s but the typical opponent does not three bet the turn with Aces up with an AK on the board. I must rule out a flush unless he's completely on another planet after the action on the turn.

So, the way I see it, I lose to pocket 5s and AA. I win vs TT. There's really no logical hand he can have after the turn action. So I should only call. But he could be overplaying a hand since I've been raising much too often since I sat down.

I will agree that these hands do not make a significant difference in the long run, I'm just trying to get better at getting in my opponents heads

Comments?

10-08-2002, 03:19 PM
I would not put him on pocket Aces since he did not re-raise you before the flop. I would re-pop him on the river, if he re-pops then I would just call at that point. You defined your hand before the flop as strong, you raised the turn, again showing strength, then bet the river, he raises, if you re-raise you are telling him you have a monster, and if he re-raises you then he is telling you the same thing, thus only the call at that point. If he turns over anything other than pocket 5's, he has no clue how to read hands.

bernie
10-08-2002, 03:48 PM
3 bet and call a 4 bet.

he's an unknown player. so he could have AA, though unlikely. TT? very possible. quads? could be

if he had AA he played it fantastic from the flop on. it's HU so he doesnt have to worry about a flush as much. but it does look like he has at least a FH. i doubt the flush, since many dont bet the flush draw that aggressively on the turn, id say a str8 is more likely than a flush. but would he raise with a str8 once the board pairs? would he have called the flop with a gutshot? basically 3 outs... doubt it. but again, this is an unknown player. im guessing an overplayed TT or quads.

results curious

b

JTG51
10-08-2002, 04:01 PM
I'd raise again and expect him to have TT. If he has 55, god bless him.

Just curious though, how many raises would you have put in on the turn before you started to think he might have the nuts (QJ)? I see people cold call raises with hands like QJs , then call 1 bet on the flop for a gutshot all the time.

10-08-2002, 04:36 PM
"Just curious though, how many raises would you have put in on the turn before you started to think he might have the nuts (QJ)? I see people cold call raises with hands like QJs , then call 1 bet on the flop for a gutshot all the time. "

Hell, I even see myself do it frequently.

The Prince
10-09-2002, 09:38 AM
I reraised and he popped it again. I made a crying call and he showed quads.

As for the turn, if he had raised on more time I would have put him on the str8. Not putting heat on the turn with a set is playing scared of the nuts.

It still seems to me that when he raises the river, there's 3 ways he has TT, one that he has 55 and 3 that he has AA. Of course, AA is less likely with the preflop action. So it's pretty much close.

The Prince
10-09-2002, 09:39 AM

brad
10-09-2002, 12:39 PM
my guess without looking is QJs for straight on turn and flush on river.