PDA

View Full Version : 44, 3 handed

jrobb83
03-21-2005, 03:58 PM
We had been playing 3 handed for a short while, and during that time villian had been doing a lot of limping, playing pretty loose, and not very aggressive. His relavent stats are 54.55/6.06 after 33 hands, most of it 3 handed. I've been trying to work on my very shorthanded game recently, and I don't think I'm very good yet. These kind of low pocket pair hands bother me. Is there a reason to continue after the turn, and if so how do you play it?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...

Grisgra
03-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Raise preflop.

Given the way you played it, ugh. That's as ragged a flop as I could imagine, and he called. He probably has an 8 or somesuch, in which case I doubt he's folding it. I might try shooting out another bet on the turn, but it might be time to check/fold.

Kinda player-dependent /images/graemlins/smile.gif. You hear that a lot, obviously it's even more true 3-handed, where you should have a better read than you've described. You give stats, but nothing about how he plays 2nd pair, whether he's a calling station, etc. etc.

jrobb83
03-21-2005, 04:31 PM
I figured preflop may have been a raise too. I had only played with him for a few rounds 3 handed, and had been cold carded the entire time, so no good postflop read. I probably should stop trying to play 3 handed when playing 3 other tables.

Grisgra
03-21-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably should stop trying to play 3 handed when playing 3 other tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call /images/graemlins/smile.gif. 3-handed you want to beat the passive players into submission, so that any time they make a move on you you know they have a hand. Raise raise raise!

PassiveCaller
03-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Definite raise pre-flop and it will help in a situation like this since poor players will fear the ace twice as much here when you raise pre-flop instead of having that "well can he really have an ace feeling" and getting confused into calling down. Most of the time I'm going to just check-fold this turn but betting and folding to a raise isn't awful.