PDA

View Full Version : Another AKo hand

benkath1
03-21-2005, 03:42 PM
OK, I think I messed this one up.

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Too aggressive, or correct? My thinking now is, call the flop bet and raise possible turn bet. Am I way off?

Entity
03-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I would call the flop and the turn, and maybe raise the river.

Rob

Firefly
03-21-2005, 03:56 PM
You can either do that and hope he has something that will pay you off like QQ.... OR
You can call the flop, call the turn and raise the river. Obviously, bet if you are checked to at any point.
Remember you are wayyy ahead of TT-QQ, AQs, and you want him to keep bluffing at you if your way ahead. If he's got AA-KK (unlikely) then you're going to go to showdown on that flop anyway, this line will minimize your losses

Niediam
03-21-2005, 04:15 PM
With a very uncoordinated board it very lucky that you are either way ahead or way behind the villian. Therefore you just call down and perhaps raises the river.

The reason is that if you are way behind you want to put as little money in the pot as possible. If you are way ahead you don't want him to fold due to your aggression.