PDA

View Full Version : did i play too timidly here?

mithong
03-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

with 3 to a flush on the flop, I was obviously worried about the flush

but should i have put him on a pair of kings? lets say i knew he had the flush draw on the flop, should I have played aggressively, or just called it down?

Entity
03-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Raise the turn.

toss
03-21-2005, 02:04 PM
He could easily be raising with just the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif here. Raise the turn.

Womble
03-21-2005, 02:05 PM
3bet the flop and call down from a cap, that surely indicates a flush /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You need to give him the chance to reraise you somewhere to be sure of the flush

iluzion
03-21-2005, 02:08 PM
if you "know" he has teh flush draw, im charging him for it.

mithong
03-21-2005, 02:09 PM
and after that turn raise, if he 3 bets it i get rid of my hand?

and if he just calls, i bet river?

Thigh
03-21-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to give him the chance to reraise you somewhere to be sure of the flush

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the reason we're raising the turn here? What about 3-betting the flop instead?

bottomset
03-21-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

its more likely that he's only on the flush draw not the actual flush .. so you raise on the turn blank where your edge is bigger

3betting the flop doesn't accomplish anything good

@bsolute_luck
03-21-2005, 03:11 PM
are these suggestions you guys are making based on the fact that it is HU and not multiway?

Entity
03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are these suggestions you guys are making based on the fact that it is HU and not multiway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read bottomset's post. They're based on the fact that we're likely ahead on the flop, but we're going to be much more likely to be ahead on a turn blank, and we extract more value by raising the turn.

Rob

@bsolute_luck
03-21-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read bottomset's post. They're based on the fact that we're likely ahead on the flop, but we're going to be much more likely to be ahead on a turn blank, and we extract more value by raising the turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll have to think about this for awhile. maybe it is just the "the villian always has the flush"-itis i have.

wouldn't the c/r indicate anything? and if it was mutliway (4+ players), wouldn't a c/r like this lean more towards a flush, so we should just call down?

Entity
03-21-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll have to think about this for awhile. maybe it is just the "the villian always has the flush"-itis i have.

wouldn't the c/r indicate anything? and if it was mutliway (4+ players), wouldn't a c/r like this lean more towards a flush, so we should just call down?

[/ QUOTE ]

A c/r will usually mean a single spade or a King.

Rob

gopnik
03-21-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, do we fold to 3-bet?

Entity
03-21-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, do we fold to 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not without a read.

Rob

oLyphant
03-21-2005, 08:02 PM
So you raise the blank turn because if hes acting agressively as he was on the flop, you assume hes still drawing or has a K? Because if he made the flush on the flop he would most likely try to slow play? Or am i not understanding the actual reason to raise the turn..?

wabe
03-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Because if he's on a draw or has a K, you still have the best hand. Raising a blank turn allows you to make him pay to stay in the hand with a worse hand than yours.

At this point, you're assuming you're beat when three spades hit the board. Raise and find out where you stand.