PDA

View Full Version : KK in the CO

Ghazban
03-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Party 1/2, I have ~250 and KK in the CO. Villain has ~180 and is in the BB. Villain limps into a lot of pots with suited trash but is a bit more selective when calling a raise. I've only played about 100 hands with him so I don't have much information as to his blind defense standards.

Folded to me in the CO, I raise to $6 with KK. I've been raising a lot from the button and CO when its folded to me if I have anything I'd remotely consider playing. Folded around to Villain in the BB who makes it 20 straight. I call.

The flop comes T-high with 2 spades (I have the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif) and there's ~$40 in the pot. Villain bets $20. I raise to $60, he pushes, and I call.

Thoughts?

Dr_Freeze
03-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Without a read on the villain, I figure I'm looking at AA here much of the time. I'd probably raise the flop (as you did), but fold to the push, and wait for a better opportunity to get all my money in.

I'm interested to hear what others think.

-Freeze

Edit: I'm still getting used to deeper stacked play, so take the above response for what it's worth. With shorter stacks, I think this is an auto-call.

xerostar
03-21-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Without a read on the villain, I figure I'm looking at AA here much of the time. I'd probably raise the flop (as you did), but fold to the push, and wait for a better opportunity to get all my money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. no. AA much of the time? He could easily have been playing that hand with QQ, JJ, A10, even 99, assuming he thinks the hero is raising to steal. DEFINITELY auto call, unless he goes all in for more than 4:1 pot odds, i.e. putting $100 into a $25 pot, in which case you should think about it, but the way this hand was played, (with raise and reraise), autocall.

swolfe
03-21-2005, 11:21 AM
i think it's +EV against the range of hands villain would play back at a presumed steal with. you'll probably see QQ, JJ, or AXs..maybe AA, but i think AA would have played it slower trying to trap. TT is also a possibility..

edge
03-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I think you have to call this. Although you'll be up against AA a lot of the time, you'll also see QQ and JJ often enough to make it profitable, I think.

Ghazban
03-21-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to call this. Although you'll be up against AA a lot of the time, you'll also see QQ and JJ often enough to make it profitable, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost exactly what I was thinking. I felt it was most likely QQ-AA with an outside chance of JJ. If that range is accurate, my call is good. This time he had AA.... oh well.