PDA

View Full Version : Hitting draws in the blinds

Silverback
03-21-2005, 09:49 AM
How do you play in the blinds when you hit a draw, especially if theres small pot, maybe 1 limper

If I hit a draw and no raiser pre flop, for me its an automatic bet out as I would from all other positions, trying to get the pot there and then, but obviously away the blinds I would have been the raiser and with the intiative.

or do you play the blinds more cautiously and check and call, or if not good pot odds check and fold?

If pre flop raiser I would check and call, calling if pot odds and implied pots odds there, otherwise fold

What if you find your self in same situation on the turn? Do you act the same or different?

Silverback
03-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Quick answer will do

naphand
03-21-2005, 12:22 PM
No simple.

Such things as:
(i) How many opponents?
(ii) Nature of opponents (reads)?
(iv) Previous actions by you and the response?

It depends....

Michael Davis
03-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Against one player who just limped in you should bet. Against a preflop raiser you should bet or checkraise, depending. It's rare that you would be folding even a gutshow draw against a PF raiser in shorthanded because your pair outs usually count for something, and playing the hand aggressively will get you pots even when you don't hit.

Against one weak opponent who just limps you should be betting a lot. Having a legitimate draw makes it easy.

-Michael