PDA

View Full Version : Butchered AA hand

Alexthegreat
03-21-2005, 08:55 AM
My first foray into NL...Most hands have been raised preflop, so I thought I would try a limp re-raise with this one...I was all ready to raise the river, but I chickened out... Should I have raised the turn?? or the flop??

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($33.45)
BB ($49.25)
UTG ($23.75)
Hero ($70.65)
MP1 ($26.15)
MP2 ($75)
CO ($95.65)
Button ($65.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, SB calls $1.

Turn: ($4.50) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, SB folds.

River: ($14.50) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $34.50

Allinlife
03-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Raise flop, build the pot vs Ax hands/ protect vs flush draw
Raise the turn, building the pot once more /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Raise the river, doesn't really look like he would bet the turn that hard with a flush draw, probably AT 2 pair.

You gotta realize that you should only slow play sets Top/mid sets on DRAWLESS boards or vs ULTRA agro players, otherwise you will often end up losing big pots but win rather small ones. AIM to win opponents stack with hands like these and play them hard.

etgryphon
03-21-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise flop, build the pot vs Ax hands/ protect vs flush draw
Raise the turn, building the pot once more /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Raise the river, doesn't really look like he would bet the turn that hard with a flush draw, probably AT 2 pair.

You gotta realize that you should only slow play sets Top/mid sets on DRAWLESS boards or vs ULTRA agro players, otherwise you will often end up losing big pots but win rather small ones. AIM to win opponents stack with hands like these and play them hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect Advice...Wouldn't add a thing...

-Gryph

djoyce003
03-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Wow, that was simply awful. Do not slowplay sets on two flush flops. It was even worse on the turn when another two flush popped up. You should have reraised huge on the turn. Simply awful.