PDA

View Full Version : Tournament jargon

martinimagic
03-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Can anyone tell me the definitions of freezeout, rebuy, add-on and how they work? I am going to Vegas and I play ring so I don't understand those terms.

When can you rebuy and add-on? Is it as soon as I sit down or do I have to lose so much money? I think freezeout means no one can buy in after starting.

Matt

SheridanCat
03-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Freezeout: Winner take all (unless there's a deal)

Rebuy: You can buy more chips, after the tournament has been underway. The criteria vary. Sometimes you can rebuy if you bust, sometimes it's when your chips dip below a certain level. The rebuy period usually ends after the first couple rounds. Ask at tournament signup.

Add-on: Like a rebuy, but everyone is entitled to do it at the assigned time. Usually there is an add-on at the end of the rebuy period.

Regards,

T

AngusThermopyle
03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Freezeout: A tournament where there are no rebuys

Rebuy: You can buy more chips, after the tournament has been underway. The criteria vary. Sometimes you can rebuy if you bust, sometimes it's when your chips dip below a certain level. The rebuy period usually ends after the first couple rounds. Ask at tournament signup.

Add-on: Like a rebuy, but everyone is entitled to do it at the assigned time. Usually there is an add-on at the end of the rebuy period.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I fixed your post

SheridanCat
03-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Quite correct. Thank you.

Regards,

T