PDA

View Full Version : Action 10/20 AQ hand. (How bad did I butcher this one?)

DaShark
03-21-2005, 05:23 AM
Villian is loose and likes to bluff and make a lot of goofy bets. BB raises a variety of weakish hands from any position(KJo, QTo, QJo from the blinds for example)

I'm playing 8 handed at a great 10/20 private game

I'm utg with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Villian is on the button.

I raise, utg+1 folds. Everyone else calls. BB looks at his cards and says raise and put 2 bets into the pot. He didn't realize I had raised but verbal is binding and he then put in 3 bets. I called, called around.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
(10.5BB)
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Cut-off calls, Villian calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif(7 /images/graemlins/club.gif)(13.5BB)

SB checks, I check, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Cut-off checks, Villian bets, SB folds, I call, the rest fold.

River: A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 /images/graemlins/club.gif) (15.5BB)

I check, Villian bets, I fold.

Do I call for the potential chop here because of the size of the pot? Or was I correct in assuming that with all that action the villian had to have a club and no matter how often they bluff.

Results in white: <font color="white"> Villian drags a nice pot and shows me the 42 of spades</font>

Elbie
03-21-2005, 05:32 AM
I would have betted the turn. You may get low clubs to fold and if you are raised you can fold drawing to a 4-outer.

The way the hand was played I cannot see a call on the river (for a chop) as being profitable. He may be bluffing but any club in is hand beats you

DaShark
03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
This is an action table. If I bet the turn, anyone with a medium/high club calls me. If I get raised I have to call and cost myself 2 bets because I'm getting odds to hit my 4 outter.

somapopper
03-21-2005, 05:40 PM
how about capping the flop since you know the BB only has a raising hand and not necessarily a reraising hand? Most of the time you're going to have the best hand, and you might get some deadmoney in the pot.

Also, I'd try to checkraise the flop. If villan likes to bluff, he's gonna love a 3 flush board, and you can make it two small bets to 4 players. Plus, I can fairly safely put anybody who coldcalls two bets on either a high club or made flush. The made flushes may wake up and make it three bets, but I think it's worth the risk, especially since a non-nut flush will occasionally slow down when the 4th club hits.

I'm positive I'm beat on the turn, but obviously you're getting odds to draw to the boat.

(this hand would be so much easier with position)