PDA

View Full Version : Is it sad that...

ZebraAss
03-21-2005, 05:02 AM
I refresh this site every once in a while to see if anyone posted anything yet?

RicP
03-21-2005, 05:09 AM
I'm with ya.... I never post but one of my browser windows always has this forum in it!!

curtains
03-21-2005, 05:13 AM
I do it all the time!! It makes us cool.

lorinda
03-21-2005, 05:24 AM
I'm curious, as it's a silly time of day and I'm feeling curious.

Why don't you post? I'm aware that lurkers have many reasons, but what is yours? Are 'we' as a group too aggressive, or do you think you have nothing interesting to add or ask about?
The mindset of the lurker fascinates me (as you can imagine when you are as post-happy as myself)

Lori

Deuce2High
03-21-2005, 07:58 AM
I think some of the heavy posters can be a 'little' aggressive at times but that doesn't stop me from posting situationally difficult hands (to me at least). Sometimes you can post something and get an ass-whoopin. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LaggyLou
03-21-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Why don't you post? I'm aware that lurkers have many reasons, but what is yours? Are 'we' as a group too aggressive, or do you think you have nothing interesting to add or ask about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I only occasionally post, and the reasons I don't post more are (1) I tand to get very busy at work and then might have to go several hours or more without checking back in and I hate to jump in and then leave a thread; and (2) I am still relatively new to SnG's, so I have less expertise to contribute.

kevstreet
03-21-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I refresh this site every once in a while to see if anyone posted anything yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I do the same thing.

gumpzilla
03-21-2005, 12:15 PM
I lurked for a couple of months before I ever posted anything. My understanding was that this used to be standard operating procedure on Usenet, for example. I think it's a good thing. I think everybody is happier if people have a sense for the culture of the forum - what kinds of questions are expected, what kinds have been asked 1 million times (though the ROI questions still pop up quite frequently), what kind of analysis is expected, etc. Lurking long enough to get a sense for these things before posting leads to higher quality, in my opinion.

morgan180
03-21-2005, 12:27 PM
i do it all the time. lately i've been too busy to put together any thoughtful posts but i still read everything and chime in here and there. i've fallen way behind some of the other posters though /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Huskiez
03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
I usually just alternate by clicking the forums on the left side, so when I click back the forum has refreshed.

I used to be a big hater of the left hand column, but now I'm finding it kind of useful.

ZebraAss
03-21-2005, 02:43 PM
same here

RicP
03-21-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, as it's a silly time of day and I'm feeling curious.
Why don't you post?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a semi-successful NL "live" player that has messed around with SNG's (and Steps) in the past but have gotten serious in the last year or so.

With the wealth of knowledge displayed by you and various other posters, I never feel I have anything to add (yet /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

kspade
03-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Because my results show that I shouldn't be giving advice. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ZebraAss
03-21-2005, 05:06 PM
HAHAHA! ...nice.

MonkeeMan
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because my results show that I shouldn't be giving advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that if you did give bad advice here, you can count on people rubbing your nose in it till your knew it was wrong.

morgan180
03-21-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because my results show that I shouldn't be giving advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that if you did give bad advice here, you can count on people rubbing your nose in it till your knew it was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i think the STT forum is the most friendly/nicest board in the forums, JMHO, of course.

ZebraAss
03-21-2005, 06:29 PM
Especially when Citanul is drunk. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ZebraAss
03-21-2005, 06:47 PM
I am happy to see all of these new posters popping up everywhere. Keep posting fellas, you are doing a great job.