PDA

View Full Version : Slowplaying is funny

scotty34
03-21-2005, 04:51 AM
I posted in a response to a thread earlier today, but I figured I should post it again for everyone who wasn't reading that particular thread. I found this quite amusing, especially with all the recent talks about how useless it is to slowplay.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP2 has 7s 7c (four of a kind, sevens).
Hero has 3h 2s (full house, twos full of sevens).
Outcome: MP2 wins 5.50 BB. </font>

I found it especially funny that there were like 5 vnh!! comments and such after showdown.

ArturiusX
03-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Easy easy easy bet on the flop for him.

All these fishies would have called.

scotty34
03-21-2005, 05:09 AM
No kidding, and with 2 diamonds, how can you not bet this flop?

ArturiusX
03-21-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No kidding, and with 2 diamonds, how can you not bet this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having said that, a lot of so called 'TAGs' still post slowplayed set hands. Some people don't understand waiting for the turn when a blank falls is the obvious play the fishies look for.

scotty34
03-21-2005, 05:19 AM
I have this guy here as LPP, and only .93 AF, but that is kind of relevant with this hand.

LOL, just noticed your avatar. Awesome.

reubenf
03-21-2005, 05:22 AM
It took me a while to realize I needed to look at the results. Only then did I figure out you weren't slowplaying bottom pair, no kicker.

ArturiusX
03-21-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have this guy here as LPP, and only .93 AF, but that is kind of relevant with this hand.

LOL, just noticed your avatar. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I stole it from a magazine commercial I found. It was all too perfect.

I just noticed yours is animated, very cool /images/graemlins/cool.gif

scotty34
03-21-2005, 05:24 AM
LOL

Dave G.
03-21-2005, 06:12 AM
I recently had this wonderful hand. I would throw this away on the flop for a bet. Small pot, good chance of domination.

UTG abused me for a full 10 minutes after this for "sucking out" on him. Good times, good times.

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad 6d (full house, aces full of sixes).
UTG has 4h 4s (full house, fours full of aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 16 BB. </font>

istewart
03-21-2005, 06:22 AM
Bet the flop.

Dave G.
03-21-2005, 06:40 AM
Can you explain why?

I'm out of position with a marginal hand, facing a field of 3, with flush and straight possibilities on the board and a tiny pot. If I get raised anywhere I'm done with the hand (unless, obviously, I improve...) so I stand to win very little playing a hand that has a less than average chance of being good at showdown.

I'd like to hear your reasoning, because I'm folding this to a bet just about every time.

istewart
03-21-2005, 06:54 AM
It is very, very likely you have the best hand. You would not want this checked through to have the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif fall on the turn.

yellowjack
03-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Some examples in 2+2 books have board like J87 with two clubs and you're holding J5o. The reasoning is what you said, the straight flush possibilities and weak kicker.

However it's assuming a full ring. You're playing 7 handed. There is only a flush draw out there, and two gutshots out there are very weak and shouldn't affect your equity significantly if you do hold the best hand.

Dave G.
03-21-2005, 07:53 AM
True, I didn't take into consideration the short handed aspect. Most of my decision is based around the size of the pot: It's 2BB. Even if I am good now, this is a tiny pot. I would hate calling down with this and losing. Surely I can pick better places to make a stand with average hands.

ArturiusX
03-21-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
True, I didn't take into consideration the short handed aspect. Most of my decision is based around the size of the pot: It's 2BB. Even if I am good now, this is a tiny pot. I would hate calling down with this and losing. Surely I can pick better places to make a stand with average hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If top pair isn't a good enough reason to take a run at the pot, I don't know what is.

bottomset
03-21-2005, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why?

I'm out of position with a marginal hand, facing a field of 3, with flush and straight possibilities on the board and a tiny pot. If I get raised anywhere I'm done with the hand (unless, obviously, I improve...) so I stand to win very little playing a hand that has a less than average chance of being good at showdown.

I'd like to hear your reasoning, because I'm folding this to a bet just about every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

routinely folding toppair aces for 1bet is not a good idea, you'll have the best hand a good % of the time, honestly besides the flushdraw it isn't a draw happy board, you can often fold a gutshot here(if they call its good too) making a nonspade T,Q,K a safe card rather than 1 that beats you

jrz1972
03-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Since when does top pair have a "less than average" chance of winning at showdown? You have a big pot equity edge here. Bet the flop.