PDA

View Full Version : Ignore this user

jesusarenque
03-21-2005, 04:46 AM
Why do people choose the "Ignore this user" option and then make a post saying that they are ignoring X user. Why not just decide not to read that user's post? Is it just a way to make a public statement that you dislike user X's posts? I have never understood this.

istewart
03-21-2005, 04:46 AM
Agreed. You're on fire today man.

Brainwalter
03-21-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just a way to make a public statement that you dislike user X's posts

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]
03-21-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

jesusarenque
03-21-2005, 04:48 AM
Haha. I saw that coming a mile away.

The Dude
BTW, I am now ignoring you. I'm not sure why, really, since your post wasn't stupid. I guess I just felt like it was the appropriate response.

wacki
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jesusarenque
03-21-2005, 04:50 AM
I think this post (the original post I mean) is probably going to translate into "Please start ignoring me." Perhaps I will set some sort of record, although that wasn't my original intention. I really was curious.

radek2166
03-21-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people choose the "Ignore this user" option and then make a post saying that they are ignoring X user. Why not just decide not to read that user's post? Is it just a way to make a public statement that you dislike user X's posts? I have never understood this.

[/ QUOTE ]

All about attention bro.

AncientPC
03-21-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dude
03-21-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha. You're talking, but I'm not listening.

jesusarenque
03-21-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha. You're talking, but I'm not listening.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you still know that I'm talking. That has to bother you a little, doesn't it? Huh? Oh wait. You can't hear me.

Sponger15SB
03-21-2005, 05:22 AM
I don't understand why you would ignore a user. You are just gonna sit there and wonder what they are saying, and its gonna drive you crazy.

Everyone (like 3) that I have ignored I have ended up unignoring.

lighterjobs
03-21-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha. I saw that coming a mile away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered how long it would take.

Shajen
03-21-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you would ignore a user. You are just gonna sit there and wonder what they are saying, and its gonna drive you crazy.

Everyone (like 3) that I have ignored I have ended up unignoring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only ignore one user, and it's only because I just can't stand to read the way she types. It isn't even anything personal, it just drives me crazy. If people can't be bothered to type in proper english, I can't be bothered to read it.

Bluffoon
03-21-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people ask questions about another person's behaviour and then answer the question themselves? Is it just a backhanded way to say that this behaviour is annoying to them? I don't understand this.

jesusarenque
03-21-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't find the behaviour annoying, I just didn't understand it.

Why do people ask questions about another person's behaviour and then answer the question themselves? Is it just a backhanded way to say that this behaviour is annoying to them? I don't understand this.

[/ QUOTE ]