PDA

View Full Version : Anyone chew snuff here?

radek2166
03-21-2005, 04:32 AM
Anyone ever quit if they did?

cold_cash
03-21-2005, 04:36 AM
I used to, but quit.

If you chew, stop.

radek2166
03-21-2005, 04:44 AM
how did u quit?

Bukem_
03-21-2005, 04:52 AM
Do you mean dip?

cold_cash
03-21-2005, 04:53 AM
I used the patch and that fake herbal crap for awhile.

You can do it.

radek2166
03-21-2005, 04:55 AM
Dip chew what ever

Bukem_
03-21-2005, 05:02 AM
I used to smoke, I dipped twice while I smoked and once when I didn't smoke.

It was easy to quit cause my mouth would get so torn up, and I 'd pretty much have to quit after a month.

juanez
03-21-2005, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I chewed Cope for 15 years. I "quit" and started bumming cig's from buddies at bars and stuff when drinking. Then I began smoking full time. Brilliant move, I know...tobacco is powerfull stuff.

I finally got totally sick of the sh!t and did the "Smoke Away" thing. I'm sure you have seen the commercials and it will work for chew too. I quit all tobacco cold turkey about 16 months ago now and am VERY happy about it. I can't even imagine chewing or smoking now.

Good luck man. Quitting is not easy, but it will be worth it. After a month or so, I was like "What, have a smoke/chew and f*ck up all the work I've put in to quitting....f*ck that noise! I want to live that extra 10 years or so."

You can do it man. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

housenuts
03-21-2005, 07:05 AM
i chawed for about 2 years. i kinda just stopped. i was getting tired of it. i'll still have dips when i go to work (i'm in the army reserves) and sometimes when i'm drunk. but i don't just chew when sitting around the house watching movies or any of that anymore. i won't call up my buddies to go for a dip. as someone else mentioned i too tend to bum smokes now when i'm drunk...hopefully it doesnt' lead to full-time smoking. i dont' see it happening.

Stu Pidasso
03-21-2005, 07:09 AM
I chewed for about 20 years, at least a can and a half a day. My wife used to bitch to me about quitting all the time. I would try every once in a while but ultimately end up failing. I finally came to the realization that I would never quit chewing until I really wanted to quit chewing. All my past attempts to quit chewing were just attempts to make other people happy. I just wasn't going to do it to make other people happy.

Shortly before I quit chewing, I had also recently quit my job and found another one I liked better. There was one major problem with the new job - it paid about $40,000 a year less than my old job. Money was very tight but I was happy doing what I was doing and of course, I still managed to find the money to buy my chew.

About the same time I started to learn about poker and really wanted to get into it. I could not morally justify spending money on gambling when we were pretty much living paycheck to paycheck. I so wanted to get into poker that I decided I would give up chewing so I would have a little bit of extra money that I could spend on poker. The wife was ok with that as long as I quit chewing. I quit pretty much cold turkey with the assistance of Nicorette gum.

Poker has been a very positive force in my life. Its made me a lot of money and its saved me a lot of money.

If you're like me you won't quit becuase people nag you about it. You will have to find something that really motivates you to do it.

Stu

housenuts
03-21-2005, 07:10 AM
i guess you're looking for ways to quit. i realized how much i was spending on it. it's fukken expensive in canada compared to the US. $7 for a 15g tin of skoal or cope. $13 for a 40g pouch of redman. i hear they got pouches in the states for like $3, and i've bought logs (5 tins) of 25g each there for $14. when i realized i was spending $7+/day which meant $200+ a month i think that was part of it.

also a big part of dipping was the social thing. like "hey, you wanna go for a dip" it was just always something to do. 2 of my good chawing buddies moved away so only a few of my other friends still chewed.. i guess because of this it just slowly phased itself out too.

Boris
03-21-2005, 01:10 PM
You chewed a can and a half of cope every day? That is hardcore. I would say it ranks right up there with John Nickle's drinking binges.

chaas4747
03-21-2005, 01:30 PM
I dipped (Cope) for about 15 years. Decided to quit and fell in this same trap. First it was just bumming at bars, and then going on smoke breaks with Co-workers. Do not smoke just to get the "nic fix" that you need.

astroglide
03-21-2005, 01:43 PM
jesus christ this is bizarre

BusterStacks
03-21-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I smoke a lot but I could never get into this stuff.

jakethebake
03-21-2005, 01:59 PM
i chew when i'm in the country (hunting, fishing, camping, etc.) and sometimes when I play cards. No other time.

Gamblor
03-21-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I smoke a lot but I could never get into this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't ever play baseball. We had it in the dugout next to the seeds.

Soul Daddy
03-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm about 12 years deep into my Kodiak addiction. I quit for a year once, but found myself smoking heavily. When I got to 2 packs a day, I had to stop. At least dip doesn't make me feel like [censored].

I'd love to quit, but I honestly don't think I have the will power. I have a rather nasty disposition as it is, I can't imagine what I'd be like if I had to forego nicotine.

2planka
03-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Used to. Started it playing baseball in college. I quit with the help of the gum. Do it.

Watching someone close die of cancer (non-tobacco related) was all the motivation I needed.

Chairman Wood
03-21-2005, 03:34 PM
I believe you snort snuff and chew dip.

Soul Daddy
03-21-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
They can all be nouns or verbs and can be used interchangeably.

jakethebake
03-21-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

snort dip & snuff chew?

Gamblor
03-21-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

snort dip & snuff chew?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he meant snuff snort and dip chew.

or was it dip snuff and chew snort

say that 5 times fast.

Soul Daddy
03-21-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
snort dip & snuff chew?

[/ QUOTE ]
K, take snort out of there. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

You can chew, dip or snuff. And you can put chew, dip, or snuff in your mouth, and be referring to the same product.

SenecaJim
03-21-2005, 04:06 PM
The last guy to snort snuff was probably a riverboat gambler ( of yesteryear ). You chew tobacco and you dip snuff.

Though once back in the sticks with old college buddies ( the standard 4 day holiday bashes ). I put in a dip and this girl ( pal from college ) , her boyfriend had never seen someone dip. This was 25 yrs. ago, not nearly as prevalent as today.

She goaded him into tyring it ( god, amy was so cool ) and he put dip in like a stick of chewing gum right in the middle of his mouth ( it was copenhagen regular too, not longcut, didn't have it then ) and that was some really funny $hit. Him trying to get that off his tongue with his fingers and the face he was making, I'm laughing just remembering the visual.

Naturally I hit on Amy later, but to no avail. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

jakethebake
03-21-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can chew, dip or snuff. And you can put chew, dip, or snuff in your mouth, and be referring to the same product.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...these are not the same product. Snuff & dip may or may not be. Chew is something different.

jakethebake
03-21-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The last guy to snort snuff was probably a riverboat gambler ( of yesteryear ). You chew tobacco and you dip snuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....except dip/snuff is also tobacco soooo...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soul Daddy
03-21-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...these are not the same product. Snuff & dip may or may not be. Chew is something different.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're wrong. Chew does not necessarily mean Red Man. Snuff does not necessarily mean powder. It may be a regional thing, but most people in my school used the word "chew" when referring to what you or I would call "dip."

Soul Daddy
03-21-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've done it. It's horrible, but we used to get a kick (and a buzz) out of it in high school.

jakethebake
03-21-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're wrong. Chew does not necessarily mean Red Man. Snuff does not necessarily mean powder. It may be a regional thing, but most people in my school used the word "chew" when referring to what you or I would call "dip."

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I would say your "schoolyard" was full of idiots that didn't know what they were talking about. Maybe it is regional. But I've nver heard anyone call dip chew or vice versa in any region. Mayber I just don't hang out in enough schoolyards.

Soul Daddy
03-21-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I would say your "schoolyard" was full of idiots that didn't know what they were talking about. Maybe it is regional. But I've nver heard anyone call dip chew or vice versa in any region. Mayber I just don't hang out in enough schoolyards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did I say schoolyard? What the hell is a schoolyard anyway? Yeah, we used to "chew" during recess.

jakethebake
03-21-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did I say schoolyard? What the hell is a schoolyard anyway? Yeah, we used to "chew" during recess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Recess. While we played mumblypeg.

SenecaJim
03-21-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Recess. While we played mumblypeg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-huh. And what made Peg mumble? was it dip, chew, or something " else " ? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

housenuts
03-21-2005, 05:31 PM
in canada we don't call it snuff. dip/chew encompasses skoal, cope, and redman and other tobacco in pouches.

snuff is referred to the stuff that you snort. but i know in the states they call chew/dip snuff as well.

jakethebake
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
snuff is referred to the stuff that you snort.

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone actually still do that?

Jurollo
03-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Isn't snuff just the lowest grade tobacco, whether it is snorted or chewed I don't think matters, could be wrong though. To quit just look at the ingredients of the stuff, it looks like a nuclear bomb. Or read about Brett Butler losing his jaw (former LA Dodger). Will power will only go so far so get some help from your local doctor, gum, patches, etc.
~Justin

Boris
03-21-2005, 05:53 PM
I've snorted snuff.

I've also smoked copenhagen. Definitely not proud of that one.

Jurollo
03-21-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As you shouldn't be, haha /images/graemlins/grin.gif
~Justin

Soul Daddy
03-21-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You should be. That's awesome.

jakethebake
03-21-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've snorted snuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's desperate!

housenuts
03-21-2005, 06:14 PM
i had some snuff over christmas. a few tins or whatever you call them. they last forever. i was passing the [censored] out left and right and we couldn't finish it. it's [censored] up. when you hit the left nostril you gotta hit the right otherwise you're all off-balance and [censored].

on another note i have also snorted skoal. it's sick. you get a fierce drip down the back of your throat.

Boris
03-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Where I'm from chew and dip are interchangeable.

jack spade23
03-21-2005, 06:17 PM
I tried it a couple of times during my early high school years, i got a huge buzz and thought it was cool until I i realized my gums felt really weird. checked it out a couple of hours later and they were kinda cut. Definetly f^&cked up, will never do again.

Superfluous Man
03-22-2005, 02:14 AM
I've dipped about a dozen times due to my roommate who is addicted to that shit. Always Skoal, as my roommate isn't hardcore enough for Cope, and always when I'm at least somewhat drunk. The first time I did it I was already buzzed off booze and I was incredibly careful not to swallow any. I felt great, full of energy, like I could conquer the world, the buzz was so fun.

Subsequent times I wasn't so careful not to swallow, and subsequently hurled. The last time I dipped was Thursday night after a full day of insane St. Patrick's day drinking. I was playing in the 'stars $11R and doing well, but was getting tired due to the immense ammounts of alcohol I had ingested. My roommate gives me some Skoal to wake me up and i throw a monster dip. Of course, I take no care not to swallow (too focused on the tournament) and immediately start to feel like shit. I puke twice, missing a bunch of hands.

I get back to the computer in time to see that I'm somehow at the final two tables, but I feel so shitty the only thing I want to do is pass out. So I start playing ultra-wildly, hoping to steal/suckout enough to get a monster stack and chop or bust out so I can go to my bed. I "re-steal" by pushing on the button with K3o after utg had raised, and I get called by the BB's AK (but at least utg folded, am i rite?). I bust 16th and 2 minutes later I'm out cold.

Since last Thursday whenever I smell my roommate slamming a dip, I start feeling a bit queasy. But I'll probably do it again at some point. To quote Axl Rose, I guess I guess I guess I never learn.

ChoicestHops
03-22-2005, 02:29 AM
Why snort snuff when there's coke, I dont get it.

I like to dip but Im not a regular user. It's a good buzz and I actually enjoy the taste, but it really messes up my gums. I'll look in the mirror and see my gums all cut up. Also Ive heard of people getting oral cancer around 25 from dipping. At least with smoking it usually takes awhile.

Ponks
03-22-2005, 03:08 AM
At my school-

Chew - Tobacco flavored leaves that you chew
Dip - Finely grained smokeless tobacco resting in your lip
Snuff - Snorted

Ponks