PDA

View Full Version : 46s flops bottom pair...

blackaces13
03-21-2005, 03:34 AM
8 players to the flop, screw reads.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls $0.43 (All-In), UTG folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (14.93 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 17.93 BB

Shillx
03-21-2005, 03:45 AM
I don't know what the rules are about players going all-in, but if you have the ability to raise BB's would be bet on the turn, I don't really understand your turn play. He is going to pt his last $$$ into the pot one way or another but the advantage of checking to him is that you get to see what the action is and (probably) go for a check/raise. If the BB had more money sitting in front of him then yes I would lead out in this spot.

Brad

blackaces13
03-21-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what the rules are about players going all-in, but if you have the ability to raise BB's would be bet on the turn, I don't really understand your turn play. He is going to pt his last $$$ into the pot one way or another but the advantage of checking to him is that you get to see what the action is and (probably) go for a check/raise. If the BB had more money sitting in front of him then yes I would lead out in this spot.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty I was playing 4 tables working off bonus and I didn't even notice that BB was all in, my screen has a LOT of overlap.

That said I don't see why checking is better than betting the turn here. I don't want to CR the entire field and it seems likely that BB would fling his 40 cents in there and get called by EVERYONE. I'd rather try to get some players out with a full BB. Also, I have no 100% guarantee that it won't get checked around and that would be horrendous. At the time I felt the most likely results of checking would be a BB lead which I didn't want.

And FWIW if BB bets and no one raises I don't think I can raise either because his bet was less than 1/2 of a bet but I'm not 100% sure about that.

deepsquat
03-21-2005, 04:02 AM
Whats wrong with C/R the field on the turn? Seems great value to me. The 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif prob wont scare anyone away so you should trap some players.

ArturiusX
03-21-2005, 04:14 AM
I like the check-raise, because if theres a heap of action on the turn you can still exit safely, but you can also trap passives for extra bets.

blackaces13
03-21-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong with C/R the field on the turn? Seems great value to me. The 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif prob wont scare anyone away so you should trap some players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is wrong with it, had I checked and it was 1 back to me I would raise, but not knowing BB was all in and knowing that he led the flop I felt I had a lot more in the way of protecting my hand by leading. Bottom 2 pair is an extremely vulnerable hand and there's a good chance its not even currently best with 8 seeing the flop.

And again, the risk of it being checked around, however minor, would be a complete disaster.