PDA

View Full Version : Equal's update at PPM4

Equal
03-21-2005, 02:55 AM
Hey guys, I just posted an update of my play so far at the PPM. It includes me busting out a famous pro. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Check out www.604poker.com (http://www.604poker.com) the blog is right there.

Yes, it's sort of an affiliate site, so I'm fine if you guys delete this thread... just thought people would be interested in how a fellow 2+2er is doing.

Ciao!

Shilly
03-21-2005, 03:06 AM
I remember sweating you when you won your seat. Good luck, represent for the trout!

Lurshy
03-21-2005, 10:34 AM
very nice report. I look forward to reading about u getting far into the money on day 3 and more....

TheCroShow
03-21-2005, 11:25 AM
nice work luckbox! OH BURN?!?! lol jk jk nice work buddy, i'm rootin for ya. way to stick it to the 2 time champion!

Equal
03-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Hey thanks guys! I'm sitting great at 46k and 17th place out of 140 players remaining on day 1. However the other half of the field is starting today, so I'm expecting to be about double the average stack with 280 players to go.

TheCroShow
03-21-2005, 09:00 PM
keep us updated as often as possible, i have the refresh button jammed down on the cardplayer site lol you meeting any pro's? Have you discovered Jesus?

Equal
03-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Breaking news! Jesus just got knocked out. Here's what he actually said to me, "They got me on the last hand of the day."

yellowjack
03-22-2005, 12:22 AM
Way to go, represent the 604!
I'd like to discuss the River Rock MTTs with you sometime.

The T.A.
03-22-2005, 03:59 AM
Good luck Pete!

Another 604er rooting for you here.

Vee Quiva
03-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Great website. I really enjoyed your write up of the Party Poker qualifier where you go through each hand you played in the tournament. Keep it up.

Equal
03-23-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Great website. I really enjoyed your write up of the Party Poker qualifier where you go through each hand you played in the tournament. Keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot. That particular article was written by my buddy Mike though.

Anyway, I ended up busting out in 120th spot for $10,426. /images/graemlins/frown.gif but /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mcteecho
03-23-2005, 12:25 PM
And here, too.

Avgard
03-23-2005, 12:54 PM
You had the best of both worlds. You said your friend would have taken the cash instead of playing and you thought playing was worth the memories.

You played, got the memories and the cash. Great job.

ttleistdci
03-23-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I just posted an update of my play so far at the PPM. It includes me busting out a famous pro. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, it's sort of an affiliate site, so I'm fine if you guys delete this thread... just thought people would be interested in how a fellow 2+2er is doing.

Ciao!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice site. I read through a few articles and they were really good.
Also, nice updates on the PPM. Congrats on making it into the money.

Equal
03-23-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ciao!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice site. I read through a few articles and they were really good.
Also, nice updates on the PPM. Congrats on making it into the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot!

TheCroShow
03-24-2005, 12:16 PM
i love the site, i owe my winnings to pete and mike! =O no wait, i owe it to bill fillmaff. i still cannot keep a straight face when i look down to see "a wired pair of cowboys!!"

congrats again pete, good job on scoring a free trip and some cash. must have been pretty dope to outplay the 2-time champion. he won HORSE and NLHE right?

Equal
03-26-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i love the site, i owe my winnings to pete and mike! =O no wait, i owe it to bill fillmaff. i still cannot keep a straight face when i look down to see "a wired pair of cowboys!!"

congrats again pete, good job on scoring a free trip and some cash. must have been pretty dope to outplay the 2-time champion. he won HORSE and NLHE right?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! Part 2 of my "blog" is now up. Kathy Liebert is the pro I tangled with THIS time!

ttleistdci
03-26-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! Part 2 of my "blog" is now up. Kathy Liebert is the pro I tangled with THIS time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff! The pictures wouldn't load for me though. Anyone else have any trouble with that?

TheCroShow
03-26-2005, 07:13 PM
if you read his blurb ont he main page he says something like "i know the pictures do not work, i'll fix them asap"

MVicuna
03-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Hi,

I was the guy who busted your AQ with my AJ. Nice playing with you.

Later,
MarkV.

_2000Flushes
03-27-2005, 12:29 AM
What the hell is Joy Surprise?

-2kF

Equal
03-28-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I was the guy who busted your AQ with my AJ. Nice playing with you.

Later,
MarkV.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, small world. That hand sucked. You were building up quite a stack, and I couldn't wait to tangle with you again, but never had the chance heh. Well played.

Also, the pictures are now up so check out my report here:

http://604poker.com/display.php?id=80

Pics of the boat, the final table, and Sexton and VVP. No Shana Hiatt pics though.

MicroBob
03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
nice going equal.

didn't even know you were there.

my quick (for me anyway) write-up on my blog at bobspokerblog.blogspot.com

right now working on getting some of my pics up....but it's mostly just me and my GF walking around Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta as well as some pics on the boat. No real poker pics to share...sorry.

went to watch the final-table a little bit but my batteries in my camera died. it wasn't that exciting anyway.

Anyway, nice going to you and me (I finished 177 for $5215) and perhaps we'll get more organized about a trout meeting in future tourneys (WSOP, Aruba, Stars-caribbean, whatever).

MVicuna
03-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi,

It was one of the few showdown hands I won. You saw both my Kings get hosed by AQ and 64o?

Thats also how I lost most of my stack after our table broke. I would have made it much deaper then 34th if I'd stopped getting delt big pairs. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Boy I wish I was good enough to fold overpairs.

Later,
MarkV.

Equal
03-29-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

It was one of the few showdown hands I won. You saw both my Kings get hosed by AQ and 64o?

Thats also how I lost most of my stack after our table broke. I would have made it much deaper then 34th if I'd stopped getting delt big pairs. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Boy I wish I was good enough to fold overpairs.

Later,
MarkV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great finish though!

BTW, all the pics from the PPM are now up at http://604poker.com/display.php?id=80

D.H.
03-29-2005, 06:25 AM
Hi Equal,

I'm the guy who started out as the short stack (5500) at the Kathy Liebert table, sitting to the right of the dealer. So I guess you were the one who finally eliminated me (I had 77, you had KT I think). I went out in 167th place.

Nice playing with you, and your blog was an interesting read.

Enon
03-29-2005, 06:28 AM
What? No pics of Jesus grinding up on all the ladies??

Good meeting you by the way (Matt's brother Lee).

I should have my own trip report up in a matter of days.

Equal
03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Equal,

I'm the guy who started out as the short stack (5500) at the Kathy Liebert table, sitting to the right of the dealer. So I guess you were the one who finally eliminated me (I had 77, you had KT I think). I went out in 167th place.

Nice playing with you, and your blog was an interesting read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey DH, yeah that was me. You did very well to stay alive as a short stack, I was impressed.

Glad to know that there was at least 3 2+2ers and Liebert at our table lol. No wonder it was so tight early.

Equal
03-29-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What? No pics of Jesus grinding up on all the ladies??

Good meeting you by the way (Matt's brother Lee).

I should have my own trip report up in a matter of days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Lee! I was going to take a pic of Jesus dancing, but I couldn't zoom out enough to get all the ladies in the picture!

MVicuna
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Hijack....

Since everyone else is posting links to their blogs, I'm posting too.

www.vicuna.org (http://www.vicuna.org)

Later,
MarkV.