PDA

View Full Version : T8s hand, you change the line anywhere?

Garland
03-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Stakes: $2/$4
Players: 6-max, loose and very aggressive. It's a very good game.

The players are very aggressive, but not particularily tricky. No particular read on my opponent.

I'm UTG+1:

Preflop (pot = $3)

UTG calls $2, Garland calls $2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, CO calls $2, button raises to $4, SB folds, BB calls $2 more, UTG calls, Garland calls, CO calls.

Flop (pot = $21)

7/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, Garland bets $2, CO raises to $4, button folds, UTG cold-calls $4, Garland reraises to $6, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn (pot = $39)

7/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, Garland bets $4, CO calls $4, UTG calls.

River (pot = $51)

7/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG checks, Garland bets $4...

How's the line? Are there any changes any place?

Garland

J.R.
03-21-2005, 02:05 AM
if its very aggresisve I don't care for the limp.

I probably chekc the river and perhaps the turn as well becuase co raised with pfr right behind on the flop, I think CO has a J or better 8, not a missed draw.

Surfbullet
03-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Postflop looks good - however I would fold this preflop... I prefer to be a little loose with PPs to try and hit sets b/c I will get so much action, as opposed to marginal suited drawing hands in this type of aggressive game.

Surf

Surfbullet
03-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Good call J.R., I kind of skimmed the flop action and assumed the raiser was the PFR. I'd check the river (if I had noticed this during the hand, which apparently is debatable /images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

Surf

Garland
03-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Well, I thought there were several debatable spots of course. I don't play 6-max a lot, so perhaps my hand adjustments need to be tweeked as T8s is definitely a questionable hand UTG+1. For some reason it felt wrong to fold that there.

I think the flop was fine as I have over 50% equity against just a Jack, which is what I put my opponent on (58% in this specific case actually). Two outs for trip 8s, three "outs" for T, four 9s for a straight and eight other flush cards not a 9 = 17 outs.

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=840041
pokenum -h th 8h - qc js -- 7h jh 8s
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 8s Jh 7h
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Th 8h 574 57.98 416 42.02 0 0.00 0.580
Js Qc 416 42.02 574 57.98 0 0.00 0.420

The turn is a spot where I felt that a bet was better than check-calling because I think I can make a weak J fold in this spot because I was fairly certain I had a better hand than UTG. I could potentially gain position on UTG if CO folds and push one more bet through if I felt I needed to bluff out UTG.

The river is where I think check-folding is the most prudent move as CO was calling the turn with a J, he certainly isn't folding it. As soon as UTG folded quickly I thought there was a fairly decent chance that he had a better heart draw, which I might have been lucky to avoid. However, there are numerous straight draws he could have had as well.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

Garland

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm UTG+1:

Preflop (pot = $3)

UTG calls $2, Garland calls $2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, CO calls $2, button raises to $4, SB folds, BB calls $2 more, UTG calls, Garland calls, CO calls.

Flop (pot = $21)

7/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, Garland bets $2, CO raises to $4, button folds, UTG cold-calls $4, Garland reraises to $6, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn (pot = $39)

7/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, Garland bets $4, CO calls $4, UTG calls.

River (pot = $51)

7/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG checks, Garland bets $4, CO calls, UTG folds

Showdown (pot = $59)

CO shows Q/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif to win