PDA

View Full Version : Easy fold? 6max 50NL Party

pmuir10
03-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($62.8)
CO ($53.05)
Hero ($41.25)
SB ($54.8)
BB ($51.45)
UTG ($73.9)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $6, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $5.50, MP calls $3.

Flop: ($24.75) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35.25 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $5.25.

Turn: ($95.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($95.25) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $95.25

I think part of the reason i called is because he was overbetting the pot, making me think he didnt have aces. It looks like pretty poor play though in retrospect. I'm also not sure about my play preflop.

fimbulwinter
03-21-2005, 01:04 AM
in general, when facing a sane raise and a re-raise holding AK you're either a coinflip or dominated.

i generally stay away from situations in which im either even money or a big dog.

fim

edge
03-21-2005, 02:14 AM
Well, I think preflop is fine in position if you're very careful, although maybe not with these stacks. With deeper stacks, you could play for the flush or something, but it's probably best to just toss it with short stacks. On a K-high flop with a preflop reraiser betting into you, you're either splitting or you're drawing incredibly thin.

ScottTheFish
03-21-2005, 11:15 AM
In my experience, re-raises preflop in this game are AA or KK so often, i can fold AK without hesitation.

Obviously some players reraise with other hands, but they are usually pretty easy to spot.

xerostar
03-21-2005, 11:20 AM
all the replies previous to me have forgotten the main question when calling a reraise with AK. what are the styles of the players? I'm sure at a loose table though, poker instincts take over and they would call this too if the reraiser reraises often.

But that's the main question, and since you didn't put that into your hand summary, I can't answer it fully. But with the styles of internet players and the fact that you probably will have everyone beat if you pair either card(please don't say someone will have a set of aces when an ace flops, that's just stupid paranoia in my opinion), also add the fact that you have position on both of them, there are huge implied odds to call this.