PDA

View Full Version : STOP!

JaBlue
03-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Right now 7/10 of the posts are about whatever tournament someone is in. PLEASE. STOP! I want strategy, not this crap.

bugstud
03-20-2005, 10:18 PM
well, point me to an easy way of converting a full tourney to a readable accessable format and we can discuss ITM play

billyjex
03-20-2005, 10:20 PM
strategy is discussed within tourney threads.

and sunday has alot of big tournaments. calm down.

JaBlue
03-20-2005, 10:21 PM
If there is strategy discussion, make a thread for the hand. Who is going to browse 100 "I'm in!" replies to a tourney thread to see one strategy one? Seriously, this is ridiculous.

JaBlue
03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm talking about the "are you in this tourney??? I AM!!!!" posts.

billyjex
03-20-2005, 10:24 PM
i see 4 threads. there is one for a 30 party tourney which is stupid, but let the big guaranteed threads live.

Ryner
03-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, they are talking about MTTs in the MTT forum, afterall.

Punker
03-20-2005, 10:28 PM
I like them...skip the thread if you don't want to read it. Whats the big deal?

TylerK
03-20-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, point me to an easy way of converting a full tourney to a readable accessable format and we can discuss ITM play

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have that, I just need to make a web-based front end for it (it's command-line based). It takes a tournament history (currently party or stars), deletes the hands where you put no money in the pot (this could become optional), and runs all hands through the Bisonbison converter. The output is a series of text files currently PhpBB formatted (can become optional) small enough to fit into the max post size (again PhpBB, no idea about this board).

I will probably get around to making a user-friendly interface for it at some point.

woodguy
03-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Go to "My Home"
Go to "Display Preferences"
Go to "Default View"
Choose "collapsed threads"

You will only see the 1st post of all threads, makes it easier to pick and choose which threads you want to read.

Also make it display 20+ threads as a default.

You will be happier.

Regards,
Woodguy

03-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Not much we can do about it. Maybe an e-Mail petition by everyone unhappy with these cluttering posts (me included) to Matt requesting a separate forum may help. I already did.

TheTimeIsUp
03-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Don't hate on the family.

schwza
03-21-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I have that, I just need to make a web-based front end for it (it's command-line based). It takes a tournament history (currently party or stars), deletes the hands where you put no money in the pot (this could become optional), and runs all hands through the Bisonbison converter. The output is a series of text files currently PhpBB formatted (can become optional) small enough to fit into the max post size (again PhpBB, no idea about this board).

I will probably get around to making a user-friendly interface for it at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be awesome.

schwza
03-21-2005, 11:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not much we can do about it. Maybe an e-Mail petition by everyone unhappy with these cluttering posts (me included) to Matt requesting a separate forum may help. I already did.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good idea. i don't think my preferred titles of "MTT - strategy" and "MTT - crap" would fly though.

03-21-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't hate on the family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

My suggestion is for better selectivity and time-efficiency. Something like: MTT - Strategy and MTT - Miscellaneous. Keep the family happy. Don't get me wrong, I look at the bigger ones too as there are some nuggets of wisdom there too.

mostsmooth
03-21-2005, 12:05 PM
is it really that difficult to determine which threads will be about strategy and which threads are roll calls?