PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Home Game...

MercTec
03-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Daniel Negreanu is the color guy tonight....should be interesting

evilganz
03-20-2005, 10:09 PM
They've already spelled 2 names wrong. That's some sharp production values.

J-Lo
03-20-2005, 10:54 PM
what channel, what time?

Ianco15
03-20-2005, 10:56 PM
I think it's on now and it's on travel according to my menu, but I can't watch that movie star poker crap.

SoftcoreRevolt
03-20-2005, 11:20 PM
To be fair, I don't think anyone here has actually been in a movie.

They should really dub Negreanu's vocals over VVP for normal episodes.

Kashie
03-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Daniel Negreanu is better than the other guy!
IMO

Ianco15
03-20-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Negreanu is better than the other guy!
IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

The "other guy" (who normally announces) is Vince Van Patten who is easily the dumbest person alive.

Ianco15
03-21-2005, 12:00 AM
I just turned it on to catch the tail end. Jeez, how did they get such giant movie stars to come out and play?

SoftcoreRevolt
03-21-2005, 12:25 AM
He's better than ANY other poker announcer right now.

MelchyBeau
03-21-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He's better than ANY other poker announcer right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't watched him comment, but you could just as easily say well my girlfriend isn't as slutty as Paris Hilton.

Melch

SoftcoreRevolt
03-21-2005, 01:40 AM
Phil Gordon and Lederer are pretty good.

Of course poor Phil is on the worst of the poker shows, but he's still pretty good.

IgorSmiles
03-21-2005, 02:32 AM
Not only is the poker horrible, but are these people celebrities? The only one I've heard of hosted the Newlywed game 20 years ago.

MonkeeMan
03-21-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course poor Phil is on the worst of the poker shows, but he's still pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil's show is bad, he's good, but the play on this Hollywood one is the worst I've seen. And they did scrape the barrel for this one.

How cute that DN and EN could team up for this /images/graemlins/wink.gif

djcolts
03-21-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil's show is bad, he's good, but the play on this Hollywood one is the worst I've seen. And they did scrape the barrel for this one.

How cute that DN and EN could team up for this /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen several Celebrity Poker episodes with much worse play than last night's Hollywood Home Game. At least 5, maybe more.

MonkeeMan
03-21-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't know, how about that 3-way K-trash hand? Someone even used their red card there.

djcolts
03-22-2005, 09:13 AM
I've seen much worse than that on Celebrity Poker. See...Dennis Rodman, Colin Quinn, the guy that played Corky Romano, Scott Stapp (the singer from Creed) among others. They've made much worse plays than anything on Sunday's show.

MonkeeMan
03-22-2005, 12:00 PM
I missed that one. I'm talking about as a whole, this table was both pretty much clueless and unknowns (other than aged game show host - that's star power for ya). The worst player/play I've seen is from Jerome Bettis on Celebrity.

MrMon
03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Eric Palladino's (he was on ER )bluff festival was actually quite good, he just didn't know when to stop. And Bob Eubanks seemed to know what he was doing, although you'd think someone that's been playing for 40 years would do better. Then again, this is a tournament, and I suspect he's been playing for cash all that time. It can be a tough adjustment.

Colin Quinn vs. Dennis Rodman - now there's a dream matchup.

djcolts
03-22-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I missed that one. I'm talking about as a whole, this table was both pretty much clueless and unknowns (other than aged game show host - that's star power for ya). The worst player/play I've seen is from Jerome Bettis on Celebrity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Off the top of my head, players on Celebrity Poker that were worse than Bettis (in no particular order):

Dennis Rodman
Colin Quinn
Corky Romano (forgot his name)
Jeff Garlin (who?? exactly. Had to say Check-ov-lozvakia to remember to not fold out of turn).
Scott Stapp (singer from Creed - probably the worst celebrity player ever).
Adam Rodriguez (CSI-Miami - ousted in Hand 1 with a mediocre holding at best).
Kathy Griffin
CJ from West Wing (tall woman)

Just to name a few. I'd say Bettis is in the lower 30% of players in Celebrity Poker Showdown history, but nowhere near the worst.

MonkeeMan
03-22-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say Bettis is in the lower 30% of players in Celebrity Poker Showdown history, but nowhere near the worst.

[/ QUOTE ]

We agree to disagree. Bettis made the worst laydown since Lisa Marie married Michael Jackson.

GMan42
03-22-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Scott Stapp (singer from Creed - probably the worst celebrity player ever).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes. I remember some truly horrible moments from that episode with him and Carrie Fischer struggling to even read their hands. At one point after showing down some crap, Stapp said "but I have a pair of nines," pointing to nines ON THE BOARD, as some bizarre feeble attempt to argue that his hand was good. Had a bewildered look on his face the whole time he was there.