PDA

View Full Version : Go fly a kite

vulturesrow
03-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I was going to respond to several posts in here. But I had so much fun taking my daughters kite flying for the first time ever today, I decided not to ruin the mood. I can only hope that everyone had a weekend as great as mine, even you liberals. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Broken Glass Can
03-20-2005, 10:09 PM
It's politically incorrect and insensitive to mention fathers and daughters having fun together, considering all the children who don't have fathers. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Off to re-education camp you go.

sirio11
03-20-2005, 10:15 PM
I have a newborn, almost 2 weeks, and he's so beautiful. I cried when my first son was born, and I cried again 2 weeks ago. Quoting a line from American Beauty.

"Sometimes there's so much beauty ... in the world .... I feel like I can't take it"

lastchance
03-20-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's politically incorrect and insensitive to mention fathers and daughters having fun together, considering all the children who don't have fathers. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Off to re-education camp you go.

[/ QUOTE ]
*wonders how the hell you can respond to that post like that*

Someone needs to be sent off to reeducation camp, and it isn't vultures. :P

Cyrus
03-21-2005, 03:23 AM
What age is your daughter? I suspect her dad gets an equal kick out of it and is looking for excuses.

Ash Monday, trying do same thing, daughter would not abandon mobile phone text messages for a minute. Clear, sunny, windy. Shoulda hire a kid and head uphill.

vulturesrow
03-25-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What age is your daughter? I suspect her dad gets an equal kick out of it and is looking for excuses.

Ash Monday, trying do same thing, daughter would not abandon mobile phone text messages for a minute. Clear, sunny, windy. Shoulda hire a kid and head uphill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have three, ages 4, 2, and 6 months. You are right that I am guilty of enjoying the kite flying just as much as the two that are old enough to handle a kite. But I do derive just as much pleasure from watching them fly the kite as well. All in all, definitely a memorable moment in my life.

MelchyBeau
03-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Weren't you a fighter pilot? Did you use your tactics to dogfight your daughters kite? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Melch

bholdr
03-26-2005, 02:12 AM
this is wayyyyy to sentimental of a post for this forum. too many more of these, and i'm gonna start seeing you neocons as PEOPLE, and not troglodytes. no good, as i depend on my anger at conservative policies to motivate me.

kites rule, though. if i had a daughter, she'd develop a complex from my never giving her a turn.

sounds like a great experience, man, good for you. i can't wait till i have kids. (wellll... yes i can, till i'm 30, at least.) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

vulturesrow
03-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Melchy,

I'm not a fighter pilot, just a weapons systems officer, but I did use some of our air to air tactics to take out some other kites on the hill. Nothing like seeing the looking on a guys face after I pwn his shark kite or something equally "tough" with a pink Barbie kite. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MelchyBeau
03-26-2005, 06:14 AM
My neighbor was an A-10 pilot, don't cross me or you might have to face the wrath of my batman kite /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I work pretty much across the street from Miramar so I get to see all sorts of planes and choppers fly overhead

Melch

tek
03-26-2005, 09:07 AM
I don't fly kites with my girls, but I do enjoy Take Your Daughter to Work Days. They are sooo good at spotting tells for their age. And the best part is they wait until we take a break from the table to tell me. They know not to tap the glass...

I'm so proud of them /images/graemlins/laugh.gif