PDA

View Full Version : Big Slick (Long Island) Poker Club Busted? Gone?

dabluebery
03-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Anyone know what happened to the Big Slick poker club in Bohemia on Long Island? I was curious today, checked the website, and it was gone. I did a "who-is" at network solutions and got a phone number, turned out it was one of the owner's cell phones.

He got really pissed when I called, acted like I was a cop or an FBI agent, and wouldn't say much, except to say that he'd been shut down, and didn't know what was going on with the club.

I drove past it a few days ago (Wednesday) and noticed a PACKED parking lot and a police car with it's flashers on. I didn't think much of it, maybe a parking violation or something, but maybe it got busted.

Anyway, I'm curious. I doubted the legality of the club from the beginning.....

Rob

grandgnu
03-20-2005, 10:13 PM
That's what happens when you run a club in a non-home location. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rams_Law
03-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Try this link (http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.gambling.poker/browse_frm/thread/8e6830364bbb1e7b/1bbde1e37d7530b3?tvc=1&q="Long+Island"+group:rec.gambling.poker#1bbde1e37d7530b3) for some info.

Remember that unlike the NYC police who are busy tracking down illegal "smoke-easies", Long Island police have a little more time on their hands. It's illegal all the same, I'm just commenting on the speed of the bust.

GameBreaker
03-21-2005, 01:48 PM
I was a frequent player at the club. I must same I am suprised that you had ANY doubt of the illegality of the operation. It was just a matter of time, and I was kinda suprised it lasted as long as it did. All that being said...I am sad to see them go.

smoore
03-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Do you know what happens to the players seated when the club gets raided?