PDA

View Full Version : QQ flops flush draw...

pokerkai
03-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.83 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.83 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.83 BB

Is it worth trying to slow'em down on the flop?
Do I have a river value bet?

Nick C
03-20-2005, 11:16 PM
My thinking on the flop would be that MP1 quite likely had the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or a king. Of course, he could have also flopped a flush, and, then again -- who knows? -- maybe he just has something like 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Anyway, I think I like the flop raise. On the other hand, if you're behind and need to make a flush (or set), it would be better to keep UTG in, if possible. In any event, after you got heads-up, it sounds like your plan, if you had slowed down MP1, was to check behind on the turn. That seems all right to me, as it's hard to know who needs the free card, and if the turn gets checked through, it might encourage a river bluff.

As the hand played out, I think checking behind on the river is okay. I don't think MP1 is calling with a busted draw, and he could have a king he wants to show down. If you bet and get called, will you have the best hand more often than not? Possibly, but I have my doubts.

Edit: I guess I should also make my standard disclaimer for 15/30 posts, which is that I've never actually played that game.

gaming_mouse
03-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I bet the river, but I think your flop raise is fine.