PDA

View Full Version : NL Game is not consistant anymore

jinxy
03-20-2005, 09:23 PM
I cannot seem to win consitantly anymore in nl ring games... I'm really not sure why? It seems lately that every single time I am a favorite to win the hand, I put the underdogg all in, and he catches a miracle river to win...

I am seriously starting to change my playing style to suit online poker better since the rivers are so harsh...

Is this bad? My new style will incorporate strategies of trying to keep the pot and my investing in the hand as low as possible until i see the river...

I know people will draw out of me more, but can i really say that? :They are already drawing out on me when i'm getting them all in as a 90% fav to win... At least i'll save some money this way...

Should i play passively to the rivers, not dedicating too much money until then?

I've played holdem alot and it just seems something is wrong with online poker... I can and have beaten online poker for awhile and its usually when i sit back, and play a little bit passively....

Whenever i play nl poker like a true player should online, i get into trouble... Any similiar comments? Anyoen else do better online with a tight weak/passive style?

Can actually playing very good, be bad in online poker? I usually get a good read on my opponents 90% of the time, put them all in as a huge favorite, and still lose....

It seems the better i get at reading players, the worst I'm doing at nl... I am always a favorite when i get the money in, and wind up losing....

jinxy
03-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I would also like to add this...

Most of my sessions go like this... I get a good hand, bet, everyone folds... Repeat this 4 or 5 times..

THEN, I get AA ,and get someone all in preflop.. They river me...

OR, I flop a set, get them all in on the flop, they call with garbage and river me...

THen the cycle repeats, i get the same types of hands (AA, flopped set) but no callers... I bet how you would normally bet but guess what... no callers.. Then all of a sudden, i get a caller, and u guessed it, he rivers me...

Every time i actually get a caller when im a huge favorite i lose BIG, but when you check the stats, im still winning most of the time when i am a favorite, but im LOSING MONEY>..

does anyone understand what im trying to say? Even though my stats show that my hands hold up in certain situations, IM actually losing money in these situations... Its like, something is playing the strings here.. soemthing isnt right...

For everytime i lose a buyin to some moron, i should take 8 more buy ins off some moron... That isnt the case in online poker

jtr
03-20-2005, 09:41 PM
What do you think the problem is?

And how many hands per month do you play?

fimbulwinter
03-20-2005, 09:42 PM
they want you to deposit more. Gaming sites only don't rig the very highest game they offer, that way everyone plays that game and they make more money.

if you deposit more cash and move up in games they bad beats don't happen as all players are good. I think you already know that if everyone is good, you'll win more often and won't get suckouts, which will mean more money for you.

this is a time that all us good players come to; if you're losing in the rigged games, you need to move up to the ones without such stupid players cos those ones aren't rigged as much, or so i hear.

fim

redsoxsox
03-20-2005, 09:47 PM
What site do you play on? If it isnt Party poker you should try there because you will get paid off by the bad players with most your good hands.

jinxy
03-20-2005, 09:53 PM
JR, i think the problem might be what fim said... I am playing at the low limit tables...

I recently have change my nl game to a more aggressive approach, I get all of my money in the middle or bet high as hell when i have the best of it (like you should play)... I read my opponents, and make almost perfect reads everytime...

BUT, im losing money compared to when i used to play a passive nl game betting style...

IM getting my money in with the best of it, and they usually fold (which i don't mind).. but when 1 decides to call, he never ever misses... THe river always brings him exactly what he needed to beat me...

So bacially it goes like this, over the course of a sesssion, ill get around lets say 10-20 90% fav hands...

I'll put my opponenet all in or make him pay a huge amount... They will usually fold, BUT, the times they call, they ALWAYS DRAW ME OUT... ALWAYS

So, out of 20 90% favorite hands, I'll win around 18 or so of them.. BUT, im LOSING MONEY on these hands... Funny isnt it?

fimbulwinter
03-20-2005, 10:12 PM
http://www.conterra.com/egill/isl/img/viking.gif

Hi, I'm fimbulwinter,

very often i make scarcastic responses to crappy, self-serving posts which are worthless and contribute nothing to the board except to create a moronic, annoying background chorus to SSNL and to allow the poster to excuse himself for not being able to beat what is ostensibly a fair and soft game. such posts, which drip with scarcasm and disdain are not meant to be taken seriously except in the context of exposing the shoddy, spineless logic used in the inciting post.

nice to meet you

fim

jinxy
03-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Well, since you are "MR. KNOW IT ALL" Explain to me why this is happening? Why am i losing money when going all in on 90% fav hands?

I never said anything about sites being rigged... Now can you tell me what leak in my game is causing this? If i lose money overall with 90% favorite hands ... then whats the problem here?

jinxy
03-20-2005, 10:31 PM
I play around 1700 hands a day... like 3-4 tables at once, 12+ hours a day...

I win money, but lately, its been a roller coaster... It started happening right after I switched my playing style from passive to aggressive (IE, getting all my money in when im a favorite) VS. (Not getting all my money in when fav, semi slowplaying every hand)

mishafp
03-20-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, since you are "MR. KNOW IT ALL" Explain to me why this is happening? Why am i losing money when going all in on 90% fav hands?

I never said anything about sites being rigged... Now can you tell me what leak in my game is causing this? If i lose money overall with 90% favorite hands ... then whats the problem here?

[/ QUOTE ]

variance.

seriously.. if you dont believe in math, then you should probably stop playing poker for a while

lehighguy
03-20-2005, 10:39 PM
1) Variance
2) Inability to let go of "Good Hands" when fish hit
3) Your stating that online poker is somehow rigged casts doubt on your entire proposistion that you know what your doing.

ginko
03-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Looks like bad play.

edge
03-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Personally, I find that Party Poker is the most rigged of all the sites. I think they use bots that play "crazy", but actually know which cards are coming, so that they can get big suckouts and you deposit more money to the site.

Try Empire Poker if you want to avoid the suckouts. I win with a 90% favorite on Empire at least 50% of the time, which is better than Party.

Of course, there's always live games, but a lot of the time the dealer stacks the deck, so the suckouts happen there too. It's ok when I deal, but I only get to deal 1/10 of the time in a live game, so I can't avoid the bad beats.

Wayfare
03-20-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I find that Party Poker is the most rigged of all the sites. I think they use bots that play "crazy", but actually know which cards are coming, so that they can get big suckouts and you deposit more money to the site.

Try Empire Poker if you want to avoid the suckouts. I win with a 90% favorite on Empire at least 50% of the time, which is better than Party.

Of course, there's always live games, but a lot of the time the dealer stacks the deck, so the suckouts happen there too. It's ok when I deal, but I only get to deal 1/10 of the time in a live game, so I can't avoid the bad beats.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually quite clever, or amazingly scary.

mgsimpleton
03-20-2005, 11:37 PM
the weirdest thing is that i was playing my friend one time, and i was on party poker and went all in with the best hand... my friend was on empire and was the underdog. well we both lost the hand, how crazy is that [censored]. cuz on my version, on party, the river gave him the flush but on his it didn't and my set was good... in the end i think party/empire took the money and ran. i tried to call them up to complain but they "didn't know anything about it."

redsoxsox
03-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Brillance Edge

jinxy
03-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Never said it was rigged.. Is everyone on this site retarded?

I switched my playing style from TIGHT/WEAK/PASSIVE to TIGHT/AGRESSIVE/STRONG

Now im losing money even though im making the right plays

Anyways, if variance is that high, then i think the tight/passive approach is much better for online multitabling than aggressive

fimbulwinter
03-21-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is everyone on this site retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes we are.

why you're wasting your time trying to educate us tards is beyond me. how bout you just keep playing your winning poker and we'll just keep playing like idiots and losing.

i mean, we dolts obviously can't understand how painfully fcuking retarded saying something like

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, if variance is that high, then i think the tight/passive approach is much better for online multitabling than aggressive

[/ QUOTE ]

is.

right?

fim

AncientPC
03-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Then play tight passive. We're obviously not going to convince you otherwise.

technologic
03-21-2005, 02:30 AM
i knew something was wrong with the post when i read the 6th word of the subject line.

nh fim.

kurto
03-21-2005, 02:40 AM
There's a lot wrong with your logic, but let me make a few comments.

"It seems lately that every single time I am a favorite to win the hand, I put the underdogg all in, and he catches a miracle river to win... " It seems that way but it isn't true. I've been using pokertracker. I can see the stats on the people making the suckouts. That suckout is their one big hand. They then lose it all. Yet the good players, are winning more consistantly.

"I put the underdogg all in" Perhaps you shouldn't go all in so much. There's bets in between calling and all in.

"My new style will incorporate strategies of trying to keep the pot and my investing in the hand as low as possible until i see the river... " Your new style will give people proper odds to go to the river, and you will be CORRECTLY outdrawn more often. There ARE times to keep the pot smaller. There are times to overbet/push. You need to be aware of which is which.

"They are already drawing out on me when i'm getting them all in as a 90% fav to win..." this is guaranteed to be a 'tilt-exaggeration.' We're all playing on the same sites. We all have bad beats. Probably about 10% of the time.

"Can actually playing very good, be bad in online poker?" This question seems almost self-parody. If you play chess but play it on-line, are you going to do better by randomly moving pieces?

I just wrote a posting about switching to partypoker. The players there are terrible. The people who call as a 10% underdog will give you their entire stacks. Because they are bad. Luck is short term. Good playing will win.

jinxy
03-21-2005, 11:39 AM
Nice reply Kurt and you are almost on the same page as me... And so far, are the only person on the forum actually trying to help someone... But, try to understand this point more clearly...

My stats show that I am winning 90% of the time, when being a 90% favorite...

My stats show that I am breaking even on 50% winning hands...

OK, now .. here is my point.. OVERALL, i am losing money on these 80-90% favorite hands...Even though im winning them 80-90% of the time~!

WHy is that? Well, because most of the time, i bet these hands and people fold out of the pot.. BUT, the one time someone calls me, and they have my stack covered, I am only about a 20% favorite according to my records...

jinxy
03-21-2005, 11:46 AM
One more note... Just to let you know, I do win at online poker... BUT lately, I'm not winning nearly as much as I used (with a tight passive approach) vs a tight/lag aggressive approach...

I switched up gears to try and take advantage of my skills compared to my opponents.. THis however, has backfired and isn't working out the way i planned... My tight aggressive style works when i play live better than online multi tabling 3-4 tables at once...

I was trying to improve my game and not be considered "a rock" or "nut peddler" but that seems to be what it takes to win LOTS of money online...

With my tight passive approach, it wasn't uncommon for me to win 3 to 4 times the buy in every single day...

NOW, with my Tight or LAG / Agressive approach... Even though im making the same plays, im only averaging like 5-10 BB an hour...If i even come out a winner on that day at all... 1.75 and hour is just a waste of time and thats a winning session...

jinxy
03-21-2005, 11:48 AM
If you still have too much ego to believe me, come by party and check me out.. My screen name is TKO_2K... You can always find me on PL25 or NL25 tables

Anyways, I understand that TIght/Aggressive play is needed to win at the high money tables and passive/weak play wont..

BUT, from my experience... Tight/Agressive play doesn't win at the ss nl games at all (or the profit is so small that it isn't worth playing)

So even since my game has progressed, i don't think it will show any profit until i can step up to a limit where i can outplay better opponents...

casmells
03-21-2005, 12:03 PM
first off, don't talk down to fimbul.
He is probably the best and most authoritive of the SS guys so dont even try to talk down to him. It makes you look ignorant.

Second, your problem is the big pots. You know that there are fish all over PP. The fish get do get good hands sometimes, you as a poker player need to realize when this happens and fold. Like when you have TPTK, and the flush your fishy opponent was drawing for, makes it on the river, and he goes all-in , you need to fold, not call out of frustatration. The swings are huge, we ALL KNOW THIS. Do not tell us this. If you are statisticaly winning what you should then don't complain.

Third, buy pokertracker and see where your losses are coming from.

Fourth, If weak-tight was winning, why switch??

Fifth, Thanks for the screen name, I'll see you sooon.

goodbye

Cas

jinxy
03-21-2005, 12:13 PM
CaS... You are not seeing my point.. Let me brake this down into simple terms by giving you a hand situation.. I am not an idiot guys, if i had a pair and the board showed a flush, of course i dont go all in.. If i had trips or a str8 and the board shows a flush i fold to aggressition..> HERE IS MY POINT>>>

hero: AA
Villian: A7s

Hero puts villian all in preflop..> Villian calls...

Flop: K5896

HERO: LOSES

Last situation:

HERE: 55

Flop: 5hAs7d

Hero gets villian all in:

VILLIan has AdKd

turn: 6d
River: td

Villian wins

The point is... When i go all in, I KNOW im a favorite... IM not an idiot going all in with a straight and a flush is on the board...

jinxy
03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
NOW you see that when i am a favorite, I GET opponents all in with my new playing style...

BEFORE, with AA, i would have limped in, folded to any aggression at all (win small pots avoid losing big ones)

BEFORE, with 55, i would have simply played passively (betting around 1/3 or the pot and very small bets compared to the pot size).... IF i would have seen the river card bring a 3rd diamond, and he put me all in, i would of had a chance to fold my set....

With my new style, i get all of my money into the hand when im a favorite (THIS LEADS TO LOTS OF PEOPLE FOLDING TO MY ALL INS) BUT THE ONE TIME I GET A CALLER, HE SUCKS ME OUT><....

That last line, sorry i had to caps it, but you guys just arent seeing my point

jhall23
03-21-2005, 12:24 PM
We see the point, it's called variance. If there were no luck involved in the game there wouldn't bee much of a game (And Phil H. would always win /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). I think you are just being to results oriented right now.

If you are getting the money in in spots like you describe above that is good. Keep doing it and in the long run it will work out.

casmells
03-21-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BEFORE, with AA, i would have limped in, folded to any aggression at all (win small pots avoid losing big ones)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible, but not the point.
IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SUCKED OUT ON DONT PLAY POKER.
favorites lose sometimes. 4-1 favorite will lose 1 in 4 times. thats just what happens.

stop complaining

jinxy
03-21-2005, 12:34 PM
But, I play around 1500 + hands daily and it I'm not comming out in profit like i should be using this strategy... I should be up 9 buy ins for every 1 time someone sucked me out for my entire buy in ... That isn't nearly the case.. If im up, its only like a .50 cent or something an hour... The numbers just aren't making sense.. I now its variance and in the long run it will pay off... But my weak/passive style brought me very little if no variance and made me tons of more bbs an hour..

SO why did i switch? I was planning on moving up limits and read a couple of books about strategy etc... Basically took on a Tight & Loose aggressive style... I admit, you get the money in with the best of it, and if i could get called everytime with the best of it, i would be happy...

BUT, it seems people ONLY call when they KNOW they can hit thier 2 outer...

casmells
03-21-2005, 12:40 PM
can you even be a 90% favorite preflop in holdem??

jinxy
03-21-2005, 12:42 PM
No [censored] limping in with AA and folding to aggression with it is terrible poker... Thats kinda besides the point here that again you are missing...

===> the point, broken down into the most simple of terms possible so even caveman jones can understand.
OUT OF 20 AA hands, every time i get AA i go all in preflop:

Hand 1: Opponents fold... Hero Wins BLinds
Hand 2: Opponents FOld.... Here winds BLinds
Hand 3: Call.. Hero loses stack
Hand 4: Fold.. Hero wins blinds
Hand 5: Fold... Hero wins blinds
Hand 6: FOld... Hero wins blinds
Hand 7: Call... Here loses stack
Hand 8: FOld... HEro wins blinds
Hand 9: FOld... Hero wins blinds
Hand 10: Fold... Here wins blinds
Hand 11: Opponents fold... Hero Wins BLinds
Hand 12: Opponents FOld.... Here winds BLinds
Hand 13: Call.. Hero loses stack
Hand 14: Fold.. Hero wins blinds
Hand 15: Fold... Hero wins blinds
Hand 16: FOld... Hero wins blinds
Hand 17: Call... Here loses stack
Hand 18: FOld... HEro wins blinds
Hand 19: FOld... Hero wins blinds
Hand 20: Fold... Here wins blinds
OK, broken down into these cases... I am still winning with my aces Statistically 80% of the time... But am i winning money? NO, im losing way more money...

jinxy
03-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Preflop, all i need is an 80% or better hand to go all in... Postflop, usually a 75% chance hand will do (BUT only if i have a set, str8s not usually)

theblitz
03-21-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I find that Party Poker is the most rigged of all the sites.

Try Empire Poker if you want to avoid the suckouts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great idea - except for one small problem.

Empire is just a Party skin.
Empire and Party are the same rooms.
The only differance is the front-end.

So, if they suck you out on Party they will do the same on Empire!!!!!

jinxy
03-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Easily.. If you have AA, and if your opponet has an Ace.. You are about a 90% fav preflop to win

jhall23
03-21-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww man, your messing up the joke.

casmells
03-21-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
===> the point, broken down into the most simple of terms possible so even caveman jones can understand.

Hand 1: Opponents fold... Hero Wins BLinds
Hand 2: Opponents FOld.... Here winds BLinds
Hand 3: Call.. Hero loses stack
Hand 4: Fold.. Hero wins blinds
Hand 5: Fold... Hero wins blinds
Hand 6: FOld... Hero wins blinds
Hand 7: Call... Here loses stack
Hand 8: FOld... HEro wins blinds
Hand 9: FOld... Hero wins blinds
Hand 10: Fold... Here wins blinds
Hand 11: Opponents fold... Hero Wins BLinds
Hand 12: Opponents FOld.... Here winds BLinds
Hand 13: Call.. Hero loses stack
Hand 14: Fold.. Hero wins blinds
Hand 15: Fold... Hero wins blinds
Hand 16: FOld... Hero wins blinds
Hand 17: Call... Here loses stack
Hand 18: FOld... HEro wins blinds
Hand 19: FOld... Hero wins blinds
Hand 20: Fold... Here wins blinds

[/ QUOTE ]

stop crying about it. i would just stop replying to you but I am bored at work. This isn't TheRedPill is it??

Ok, I will tell everyone on Party Poker to stop calling your AA with junk. Thats the last thing I want is people calling my pf allin with junk. (dripping with sarcasm in case you didn't notice).

Variance buddy, that is all
sometimes they do suck out when they call

but beleive me, this is no reason to cry
i will serach for you later and to your money say, bye-bye

it will be way better in my stack
try and try, you wont get it back

my variance is much too low
because I have Party Poker secret that you don't know...
(sarcasem again)

stop complaining

ThePortuguee
03-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I'm in a hurry. I read half of the posts, and to be honest I can't stand to read the rest of them because of how disgusting they've been thus far. I hope that someone has already said what I'm about to say but here it is:

The suggestion that the games are rigged is ridiculous, and is really just a collection of individuals who are losing online venting about their loss by blaming it on a website because, frankly, they can justify it to themselves, and nothing more. The sites are not rigged, and Party, by the way, is the same thing as Empire. They are not stealing your money, they are not rigging the games to try to get you to deposit more. Their revenues from the rakes of the millions of hands played a day in their rooms makes them enough money that they don't have to cheat by screwing over you, the inferior poker player.

One individual did say something right: if you dont believe in math, quit poker.

If you're asking how you can get the money in as a 90% favorite and lose every time, "ALWAYS ALWAYS," the answer is simple: you can't, and one of two things is true:

(1) You're exaggerating. This is unambiguously the case. Yuo're not losing every time. When you lose it's just bad luck. Sometimes bad luck comes in streaks, that's just the way it is.

(2) You're just having a string of bad luck, like I just said, in which case you play through it. However, I maintain my assertion that you're clearly exaggerating.

Now the real, legitimate pokre advice you're looking for is here: you're probably over playing your big preflop hands. If you raise preflop with AK, pair your King or Ace, and then bet the flop and get popped back big ,you're probably beat. If you flop an over pair with AA or KK and someone keeps playing back at you, then you have to consider the possibility that you're beat.

Whenever you lose with AK, AA, or KK, it's a bad beat. But on the flop it's not. The thing about low-limit players is they tend to overvalue these hands, and so they lose big pots with them. You're usually NOT going to win a big pot with AA, KK, or AK. You're giong to win a small pot, or lose a big one. When you make a big PF raise, peopel are usually goign to give you credit fo ra hand. I suspect you're getting all your chips in on flops or turns when you're beat, and getting frustrated because preflop you were a big favorite agaisnt someone like me who's playing 5-7 suited, hoping to bust you because we know you'll overplay an overpair if I hit. Try being more willing to let go of AA, KK, and AK, and see if that fixes the leak in your game.

grouchie
03-21-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, when you switch you game to a more aggressive one, you will have more variance because you are putting more money into the pot more often.
2nd, your stats with AA don't mean anything.
You are NOT playing poker by just getting AA and going all in preflop. You are complaining because you mainly pick up the blinds when you get AA but when you lose you get stacked. It seems to me that it's because of whatever your playing style is.

Maybe people have picked up on your tendency to MOH when you get dealt AA. Have you considered that maybe this move isn't working for you and try to do a normal raise?

Also, At this point we get the fact that you are annoyed and on a downswing, you can stop saying it.
If you want to be a productive member of this board post some hands that have been giving you trouble instead of just saying "Oh God, how's come I can't win anymore, I'm so much better than the people i'm playing and yet I keep losing"

and lastly, something I saw posted in several of your few posts thus far, YOu claim to have PERFECT reads 90% of the time and ONLY getting your money in the middle when you are an overwhelming favorite.

The tone of your posts is going to create a lot of negative reaction.
"I'm a great player and my reads are balls on accurate 90% of the time, I put all the fish all in when I've got a better hand than them every time, but I keep losing."

Tone it down a bit, post actual hand histories using bison's hand converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

You obviously know that this is a site to help you become better and win bigger, take proper advantage of it before everyone thinks your a TRP clone

kurto
03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
A few thoughts-
1) As everyone keeps saying... variance. From December through January, I won nearly every single night. Then, the entire month of February.... I literally broke even. An entire month and my account never went about or below $25.
2) You say you're being more aggressive, perhaps you're going against it the wrong way? (You said you've been going LAG... that might be a problem there.) I'm autorated as TPA (Tight Passive Aggressive.) It consistantly wins for me. I don't see the need to adjust my game until I find its not working against a particular table.
3) Get Pokertracker. I've only had it a week and a half and its fantastic. The best thing is replaying the big losers of the night. Learning which hands were suckouts and which ones were bad plays on my part.
4) If you're winning 90% of the time when you have a 90% average but are getting stacked, I suspect your problem is elsewhere. (for instance, if you went all in everytime you had aces preflop.... not saying you do, but you see these 'all in idiots' all the time who make .35 in blinds with their aces) Without you posting a series of hands (winning and losing), its impossible to say where the problem is.

If you are playing correctly, it sounds like you're steaming from some bad luck. Even the pros go broke once in awhile. Like I said... the entire month of February, I made nothing. (which I guess was lucky... my bad luck streak kept me exactly flat)

aces_full
03-21-2005, 01:24 PM
From reading your posts in this thread I think your problem is twofold:

First, I think you are overestimating how much of a favorite you are in many situations. My feeling is that the times we have the best hand and our opponents are drawing near dead are the exception and not the rule. I would take a wild guess that on average it's probably closer to 60/40. I mean even a set over a flush draw is only about a 74% favorite to win. An over pair vs flush draw, is only about a 64% favorite. Throw in other possibliites for your opponents like a flush draw with a pair, or a flush draw with a gutshot draw, and the margin narrows. So I highly doubt you are a 90% favorite as often as you think you are.

Secondly I get the impression that you overplay your big hands by betting so much that you are actually driving out players that you want in the hand. Going all in pre-flop every time you get AA or KK is very sub-optimal play. In a pure TOP sense it's not wrong, after all you are getting all your money in the middle with the absolute nuts. However even at Party most of your opponents are not dumb enough to cold call an all-in unless they have AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK or AQ. If you play tight, and then all of a sudden you make a $25 raise, only the biggest of idiots will call without a premium hand, and you won't run into a player with a premium hand, or an idiot who wants to gamboool with you often enough. By pushing pre flop, you will simply pick up the blinds most of the time and fold out hands that you really would like to have called your bet.

Same thing on the flop. If you flop a set and go all in, only idiots are going to call. You can still bet enough to deny them odds without going all in. Being tight-aggressive does not mean either push or fold.

One more thing I will say about aggression is that you hear over and over that aggression gets the money. This is true, however misdirected aggression also bleeds away money very fast. The players at Party $25NL are idiots, and you are never going to run over players with an 80% VP$IP by being aggressive. As a result I have become slightly more passive in my game at these tables. I don't raise PF with hands that are marginally good that I would raise against better players, and I DON'T BLUFF. I learned this lesson very quickly by pissing away a few buy-ins to players who simply would not fold any piece of the board. I simply wait until I have the goods and then bet my hands to get the most value from them.

OrangeCat
03-21-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...why you're wasting your time trying to educate us tards is beyond me. how bout you just keep playing your winning poker and we'll just keep playing like idiots and losing.

[/ QUOTE ]
rotflmao!

theblitz
03-21-2005, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww man, your messing up the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry.
In this thred it is difficult to tell if someone is serious or not.

vanHelsing
03-21-2005, 02:09 PM
this thread is a joke!

AncientPC
03-21-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stop crying about it. i would just stop replying to you but I am bored at work. This isn't TheRedPill is it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, TheRedPill6 anyone?