PDA

View Full Version : JJ hand HU

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Alright, I'm giving this hand its own thread, as per Yellowjack's suggestion in another thread. I am going to post my thoughts a little later, but I want to see what people think.

Villain is not an "above-average" player by any means. He played too many hands, was aggressive, and had a tendency to get in over his head.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...?

Entity
03-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I usually call and raise his turn bet.

Rob

Firefly
03-20-2005, 09:13 PM
This may be a little FPS, but i'd call the flop and raise any card on the turn. Call down from there if 3-bet, and bet the river if not. You don't want him to slow down here with the probable worst hand.

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 09:15 PM
3-bet

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 09:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I'd rather know on the flop if villian has set or two pair.

Entity
03-20-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the read on villain?

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is not an "above-average" player by any means. He played too many hands, was aggressive, and had a tendency to get in over his head.

[/ QUOTE ]

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 09:34 PM
here's what went down:

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

I figure villain for an 8 or a 9 here. If I 3-bet, I scare him into submission and he will likely fold the turn if he has an 8. If I show weakness he's likely to lead the turn, so I can for sure get an extra SB that way, and I think that this particular opponent would call a raise as well

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Anybody change anything?

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the read on villain?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not. Considering the read I'd take the same line as you suggested.

Firefly
03-20-2005, 10:03 PM
nh sir

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nh sir

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you

ps. are you in the 'loo? I go to UW.

Stuey
03-20-2005, 10:17 PM
I don’t know why and I might not even be close.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this here is my thoughts.

What if he has the flush or an OESD draw? I reraise the flop as the JJ is open to overcards as well. I don’t change my play based on the fact my opponent is bad. I play correctly and let him make the mistakes. If he folds I don’t feel bad. I think the times he holds 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 98, 99, 88, 33, JT, 76, QQ, KK, AA, or overcards and beats me on the turn will be much more costly than the times he folds here.

The Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the turn is a bad card. It makes his flush or the nut str8 and might have hit him if he had overcards plus it gave him something to bluff at. I call on the turn and call/check the river. I don’t like playing so weak but I think it is called for in this situation.

It is clear you won this hand but I think it might have taught you a bad trick. I am not confident I am correct however and would like to hear what others have to say.

FreakDaddy
03-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Nope that's solid imo.

jaxUp
03-20-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don’t change my play based on the fact my opponent is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a significant leak. It probably isn't one that makes you lose money, but one that does not allow you to maximize your winnings.

Also, I would play this way against somebody tricky HU (like shill).

I think that this line is great, and would maybe only change it if I were playing against a very passive player.