PDA

View Full Version : Jacks Against 2 Donkeys

sthief09
03-20-2005, 08:29 PM
this is from a week ago. Mirage 20 game with the dude to my left and 4 donks to my right. Donk #1 open limps from EP. I raise with JJ, BB 3-bets, EP donk calls, I 4-bet, BB calls, EP calls.

EP is up a ton and playing most hands. he's not "aggressive" per se, he just gets inspired and makes stupid random plays. he'll call down with any piece too. He has a tendency to take shots, probably against people he perceives as tight and therefore weak. I had AA one hand and he cold-3bet the flop with nothing and I almost folded. he laughed about it after the hand and said he thought he could get me to fold. he did stupid stuff like that maybe 2 or 3 times an hour. he'll push his draws too. he's a gambler

BB is a straight up LAG. she has no values and she plays most hands. she's not completely retarded though, so she'll fold if it's hopeless.

so the flop comes T32r. BB checks, EP bets, I raise, BB 3-bets, EP 4-bets...

I think all 3 options are legitimate:
1. I could fold. even though they're idiots, they're showing a ton of aggression. it's a relatively drawless board (though I could see either of them having a wheel draw with A4 or A5) and it's unlikely I'm drawing to 2 outs.

2. I could call. then I could see what the BB does and hopefully get a free showdown. I happen to think this is the worst option. I'm still going to face a lot of action and it's going to be tough to tell where I am. both of them will know I have an overpair and EP donk could try to push me off it

3. I could cap it at 5 bets to freeze the action. if someone bets the turn, I'd probably have to fold. If it's checked to me I'd bet and check the river.

The Dude didn't like how I played it.

stoxtrader
03-20-2005, 10:43 PM
given your description?

Call and raise a favorable turn. Favorable being any card J or lower....

Capping is also a fine option, I can't see folding here.

arkady
03-21-2005, 03:31 AM
capping for the reasons you mentioned. you take control of the hand and can probably fold if bet into on turn.