PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 vs overaggressive stealraiser

DrGutshot
03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Button is 23/16, 3 aggro after 1800 hands = TAG
His Att to steal is 41! Mine is 37 and most people think i steal way too much.

I have been playing pretty tag, the last orbit he tried to steal of course, I c/r him on a 278 flop with some trash hand and he folded.

I have K /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He openraises on the button, SB folds I 3bet from the BB he calls.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet fast he calls

Turn K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check planning on raising figuring I probably have him drawing dead, he checks.

River A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check planning on raising...

too greedy?

-DrG

rory
03-20-2005, 08:25 PM
I think that if you have been making him fold you should just keep betting. He will probably call you down with anything but not necessarily bet it. If they feel like they are being pushed around and sometimes they will try to lash out and throw a tantrum and "take a stand" because their ego is hurt from folding to you so much.

I think he will probably not bet here unless he has an ace, but he will call with a wide range of hands. He might raise if he has an ace too or made some wacky two pair or something, allowing you to 3 bet.

When I have been pushing someone around and I pick up a huge hand I like to keep pushing them around because sometimes you can get them to spaz out and lose a ton of money trying to push you off your hand (see stinkypete's post as an example. lol). It is like when you raise preflop with A8. And the next hand with KQ. But the third hand in a row you have KK. One of your opponents is going to stand up to you and get hurt real bad.

jfresh
03-20-2005, 08:47 PM
i think after you checked the turn, the river check is a must; he doesn't have a king, so he eihter hit his ace and will bet, or will not call anything because he will be scared of the A and K.

turn check is debateable, i probably would've bet in hopes he had some random diamond he was drawing to. however.. if he doesn't have a diamond, and he is very unlikely to have a king, the turn bet will scare him off. probably not a big mistake either way.

jfresh
03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I have been pushing someone around and I pick up a huge hand I like to keep pushing them around because sometimes you can get them to spaz out and lose a ton of money trying to push you off your hand (see stinkypete's post as an example. lol). It is like when you raise preflop with A8. And the next hand with KQ. But the third hand in a row you have KK. One of your opponents is going to stand up to you and get hurt real bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with you right there... sometimes its best to just keep pushing. i just saw someone cap 6 high on the river (busted OESD) vs someone else's trip T's.

DrGutshot
03-21-2005, 12:35 AM
bump

cartman
03-21-2005, 01:33 AM
I would try to run over myself with my car if I didn't bet the river. If he didn't bluff at you on the turn, I don't think he is going to bluff at you on the river. He may even check behind here with a bad Ace because he is afraid of your preflop 3-bet. There are a ton of hands worse than yours that he may call with if you bet. Your bet on the river looks like you may even be bluffing because he checked behind on the turn. Just my .02, as usual I may be way off base.

Cartman

DrGutshot
03-21-2005, 05:02 PM
I think the only hands he would call this river with, he would bet if checked to.

If he had QQ/JJ, even as low as 66-77 or something he definitely would have capped preflop (or raised the flop/bet the turn) given my past aggression against him.

If he had a king he would have bet the turn (or if for some reason he checked, I think he would often try to valuebet this river with a pair of kings, and pay off a raise some of the time because I have been so aggressive. If he had an ace he would definitely bet the river hoping to get paid off by a smaller PP.

Coincidentally, Guido just posted this hand and I found out it was him I was playing against. He bet I raised he thought a while and called with AT with the Td. I think we both played this hand perfectly, considering we didn't know the other was a 2+2er.

-DrG

sam h
03-21-2005, 05:25 PM
If it was just a lag then the turn check might be optimal but a tag will see through it too often and check behind with their diamond and some weak hands they want to take to showdown. I think you need to bet the turn there.

But I love the river checkraise as your opponent is definitely betting an ace and maybe bluffing a hand like Qd Js at this point.

spider
03-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Seems like you give your hand away here more by checking than betting. And quite possibly make him less likely to bluff, besides getting nothing when he has enough to call with.