PDA

View Full Version : AJs What do you think?

ckmj23
03-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Does anybody think I should have folded this hand preflop?
Should I have raised the turn?
Any comments would be appreciated.

UTG = Loose Passive
MP3 = Loose Passive
SB = VERY Loose Passive (VP$IP = 78%)
BB = Loose Aggressive
(I really loved this table /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (17.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (22.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls $3 (All-In), BB calls.

Final Pot: 28 BB

yellowjack
03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Just call the PF raise if you choose to play. AJs is much easier to play in a multiway pot vs. UTG raiser for fear of being dominated by AK/AQ, but you have AJs for the nut flush is worth playing for.

With UTG and MP3 trapped in the field on the flop between you and BB, I cap. You hae 35% equity of the pot and you're only contributing 20%. This is a standard line on a flush draw on an unpaired flop.

Good call on the turn, not so much equity here but of course you gotta hang around for the river. Standard line.

On the river, I like the raise. Some might argue for an overcall because the board paired on the turn, but SB has so little left. Getting in SB's head, there is no way I can fold in this massive pot after I've contributed so much to it and I have just 2 BB left.

So SB will call anyways, and more times than not BB is betting with just top pair or two pair so the raise is great.

Nice hand.

Edit: I didn't notice you had some PT stats down, so I deleted my comment about reads on the river.

ckmj23
03-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks for comments YellowJacket, It really helps to get a different point of view.

BTW, we live in the same city.

yellowjack
03-20-2005, 08:18 PM
No problem, and it's yellowjack. I'm strongly considering changing aliases because this happens often.

I'm not sure if it this is the illusory correlation effect but I'm noticing an increasing amount of Vancouverites in proportion to the general 2+2 population and online poker rooms.

joeski19
03-20-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody think I should have folded this hand preflop?
Should I have raised the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No don't fold PF, but a call might not be bad.
2. No I like what you did.

ckmj23
03-20-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if it this is the illusory correlation effect but I'm noticing an increasing amount of Vancouverites in proportion to the general 2+2 population and online poker rooms.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll venture a guess why that is.....

NO HOCKEY /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

college_boy
03-20-2005, 08:37 PM
What was your reasoning behind the preflop 3-bet? If he is passive then you are likely in pretty bad shape

ckmj23
03-20-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What was your reasoning behind the preflop 3-bet? If he is passive then you are likely in pretty bad shape

[/ QUOTE ]

You would correct sir! I have a very bad habit of raising bad players. His PFR was 6.38%