PDA

View Full Version : AKs Critique please

Allinlife
03-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($63.03)
SB ($3.15)
BB ($54.85)
UTG ($122.58)
MP ($10.95)
CO ($82.22)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $3.

Flop: ($8.75) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($20.75) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($40.75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villan goes allin, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $40.75

I'm thinking it may have been better to go allin on the flop with such monster draw. comments?

zaxx19
03-20-2005, 07:29 PM
If you arent gonna raise here im curious when you are willing to raise a flop lead....dont be afraid to get it all in here.

stankybank
03-20-2005, 07:38 PM
I like the pf raise.

My initial instinct from the flop bet by CO indicates a hand better than AQ, perhaps QQ or TT. He could even be slow-playing AA. Still, I'd raise to somewhere in between $18 - $21. Basically, telling your opponent that you have a strong hand.

If he pushes, you have to decide whether or not you want to call an additional ~$60 into a pot of ~$50. If he indeed pushes after you raise it to $20, you have to seriously consider him having you dead to a max of 12 outs. A little less than even money.

zaxx19
03-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok Stanky ....see you cant really fold this hand after the reraise bc now your odds are just to good..

flyingmoose
03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
This is a situation where you are at worst even money, and are often ahead.

Raise the flop.

stankybank
03-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, you'll be getting a little less than even money although it's pretty much even money. Personally, I call. However, I've seen tight players fold so I was just suggesting that either option is okay with me. Of course, just my opinion.

In cash games, I try not to call so much on draws, although this is one of the better ones, I like to wait for better spots. Still, I call and hope that I hit w/o the board pairing. I mean, odds do come into play and all and you should chase cards when the odds are there, I just don't like the idea of putting my money in when I need to hit a card. But in this case, odds do seem to warrant the call.

Wayfare
03-20-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, you'll be getting a little less than even money although it's pretty much even money. Personally, I call. However, I've seen tight players fold so I was just suggesting that either option is okay with me. Of course, just my opinion.

In cash games, I try not to call so much on draws, although this is one of the better ones, I like to wait for better spots. Still, I call and hope that I hit w/o the board pairing. I mean, odds do come into play and all and you should chase cards when the odds are there, I just don't like the idea of putting my money in when I need to hit a card. But in this case, odds do seem to warrant the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Boy is this funny.

stankybank
03-20-2005, 08:30 PM
You know, going back and reading my last response over does sound funny as it gives off confusing advice. Sometimes I over analyze the hand and my thoughts.

Oh well... maybe someone can give off better advice and explain it better. Heh.

xorbie
03-20-2005, 09:06 PM
What do you think he has? QJ? QK? AQ? The latter two are bad for you, but are almost always getting raised in the CO. Against either QK or AQ, you have 15 outs, and against Q10 you still have 13 outs. I would definetely re-raise this.

AncientPC
03-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Raise the flop, check behind a turn brick.

Given how this played out, it was played alright.

SeattleJake
03-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Draws are our friends.

This is a nut flush draw, and you're 35% to catch it; plus you've got 5 more outs for hitting an A/J. He had 6 clean outs to hit his straight. It's at least a raise to 20 on the flop. If you're not going to raise it, then don't bother calling it.

SeattleJake
03-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Technically, how this played out has nothing to do with how it was played...