PDA

View Full Version : (2+2) Forum Participants HORSE Tourney on FTP Tonight

FeliciaLee
03-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Hey, guys! Don't forget about the HORSE tourney tonight for us at Full Tilt Poker.

Should be some easy money...I am in, lol!

I have unofficially named this tournament: Felicia; watch her boobs fall off one (HORSE) week at a time!

In honor of Mason, the nittiest of nits, since he won't let us put anything 2+2 in the title, hehe!

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif
www.felicialee.net (http://www.felicialee.net)

bholdr
03-20-2005, 06:41 PM
i will try to play, but i don't see it listed at full tilt.... where do i find it? (possibly a very stupid question, but...)

bholdr
03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(possibly a very stupid question, but...)

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. nevermind.

beset7
03-20-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(possibly a very stupid question, but...)

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. nevermind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beholdr: do you have your chat off? I just brown trouted you in the 1/2 razz game to no avail /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bholdr
03-20-2005, 08:43 PM
wasn't paying attention, sry. i did feel like a fish there, though that was my first time playing razz.
I find that i ended up playing like a stud 8 game with no high component- i forget that one high card isn't as bad as pairing a low card, etc.
razz will be my weakest game by far in the tourney tonight.

Andy B
03-20-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that that will be the case for a lot of us, myself included. Just to get a little bit of a feel for the game, I played a little bit of play money razz the other night, and was joined by none other than greenage. There were a number of people in the game who just didn't quite grasp that a full house isn't a raising hand in that game.

Thought about breaking out Sklansky on Poker today, but who can be bothered?

greenage
03-20-2005, 09:03 PM
After trying out some of these games, I see that my money isn’t just dead, it’s dust.

My personal goal is to try not to embarrass myself too much.

nortonmalc
03-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I just entered some dead money into the tounament for the pleasure of spending a little time with all of you. Best of luck to all of you!

beset7
03-20-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that that will be the case for a lot of us, myself included. Just to get a little bit of a feel for the game, I played a little bit of play money razz the other night, and was joined by none other than greenage. There were a number of people in the game who just didn't quite grasp that a full house isn't a raising hand in that game.

Thought about breaking out Sklansky on Poker today, but who can be bothered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I thought about re-reading sklansky on razz but i'm too busy for that and it'd prolly put me to sleep. The razz section in SS1 is pretty good too but nah.

I enjoy playing razz but I regularly get schooled by knowledgeable players. I get overaggressive on 4th when I catch good. Then when I go brick, brick, brick I just can't seem to let go /images/graemlins/grin.gif Good thing a jack-low often takes the pot in the 1/2 on FT.

jayheaps
03-20-2005, 10:59 PM
ill play next time. I need to get my lazy ass to get a FTP account. If anyone gets referral points, let me know.

btw, i don't mean to brag, but I went on my best online run ever today. Up 3k in around 2.5 hours.

bholdr
03-20-2005, 11:09 PM
that didn't take long! i sure would like to get razz hands while we're playing razz next time (instead of while we're playing stud).

beset7
03-20-2005, 11:15 PM
I busted out 23rd. I started steaming after Greenage [for the record, i would have seen the river as well if I had greenage's hand] rivered a low and took half of a pot when i had quads (it was heads up the whole time). Then, two more Omaha/8 hands and I was toast. Beset7 Steam Factor = 2.

greenage
03-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Well, I busted out 10th. You know beset7, I turned your chat off ‘cause I don’t need that kind of sweat.

greenage
03-21-2005, 12:15 AM
OK, I read your post here before you edited it and the “rep for the Stud forum, LOL” comment. The “LOL’ caused me to turn your chat off.

WTF, do you have a problem with me?

FeliciaLee
03-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Chill! I think everyone likes you, for cripes sake.

Even I was joking around, saying you don't chat because you only have one hand (I didn't say that the other was amputated, I just didn't say where it was, lol).

Let us have some fun here, no one dislikes you, and we all want to joke around.

btw, green is a bad color for you, haha! Poker envy...

greenage
03-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Hey Felicia,

Sorry, I got a little tense after I busted.

I don’t chat much because my laptop is on a stand and I have to reach to get to the keyboard, let alone I play in the dark (one can take that at least two ways).

I have an external keyboard but it’s hard to use when I’m doing lines (lol, just kidding) - the keyboard sucks and I don’t like it on my lap.

OK, I’m chilled now. Sorry if I was harsh beset7.

wamplerr
03-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Good game everyone, I had a blast. Unfortunately, the HORSE games are my five worst games, but maybe I'll improve next week...

greenage
03-21-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good game everyone, I had a blast. Unfortunately, the HORSE games are my five worst games, but maybe I'll improve next week...

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that, thank you Felicia.

TheShootah
03-21-2005, 01:26 AM
I agree, I had fun watching! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Burdzthewurd
03-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Busted in 6th (Burdamania) Chipleader going into the table and took one out, then blah. Can't agree on the hand that took me out, ton of outs on the river to chop or win, but that's poker. I actually play all of those games on a consistent basis, ya'll should watch out next time /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ty Felicia and all,

Burda

schubes
03-21-2005, 02:10 AM
Busted in 4th during the O8 round. Congrats to the 1st and 2nd place finishers, when it got to the final hold'em and omaha rounds they went after every blind and wouldn't back down to any resteals. This knocked me from 1st to shortstacked in 3rd, and on my final hand I decided to take a stand defending my blind as only a slight favorite - but got scooped. This may have been a mistake given the player then in 4th, but since the money difference between 4th and 3rd was much smaller than 3rd and 2nd, I don't feel too bad.

Thx Felicia, Wamplerr, and others for putting this together!

Snoogins47
03-21-2005, 05:13 AM
I was doing well for myself, until I got a phone call that my buddy needed a few more players for a homegame. Merry Christmas to whomever was the recipient of 75% of my stack when I check-raised and fired about twelve more barrels with 7 high.

Was a blast, thanks for setting it up and I'm sure I'll be there next time.

beset7
03-21-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Felicia,

Sorry, I got a little tense after I busted.

I don’t chat much because my laptop is on a stand and I have to reach to get to the keyboard, let alone I play in the dark (one can take that at least two ways).

I have an external keyboard but it’s hard to use when I’m doing lines (lol, just kidding) - the keyboard sucks and I don’t like it on my lap.

OK, I’m chilled now. Sorry if I was harsh beset7.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok. I'm still confused about why you were upset. I won't attempt chat in the future if that's best? Everyone else I know from here had busted out I was just trying to give you some encouragement. I was "LOL"ing because I found it amusing how everyone had busted out. I predicted stud players would dominate the event. Following that comment (which you may have missed) we wished you good luck each time you were all-in.

Plus, if you had your chat turned off you missed out on Andy B telling "no not baxter" that he wanted to break a bottle over his head. Your loss... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenage
03-21-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, if you had your chat turned off you missed out on Andy B telling "no not baxter" that he wanted to break a bottle over his head. Your loss...

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the “LOL’ the wrong way.

Oops, looks like I turned off observer chat instead of just muting you. I’m sorry I missed Andy’s comment, that’s funny.

I wish they had text hand histories available. I saw the option under “Requests” off the lobby but it’s not selectable. Everything seemed to happen so fast once the tables were balanced. I really don’t know if I shot myself in the foot or not.

Never mind me, I get kind of competitive in tournaments. Chat away...

Andy B
03-21-2005, 12:37 PM
That %&#@%& punk. I'll get him next time, that's for sure.

Umm, who wants to put up the $11? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

beset7
03-21-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I wish they had text hand histories available. I saw the option under “Requests” off the lobby but it’s not selectable. Everything seemed to happen so fast once the tables were balanced. I really don’t know if I shot myself in the foot or not.

Never mind me, I get kind of competitive in tournaments. Chat away...

[/ QUOTE ]

With a lack of hand histories I can't say for sure but my recollection is that you played the short stack/escalating blinds quite well. Everybody was playing quite fast but it seemed like you picked starting hands with decent value to push.

I'm a cash game player and I tend not to take tourneys very seriously. I'll try to be a little more sensitive to the circumstances next time. I've decided I'm actually going to try and play my "A" game next sunday. I just can't stomach the fact that the dude from the Zoo won.

I'll lend you the $11 Andy /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Andy B
03-21-2005, 04:43 PM
My, umm, backer has already come through with next week's buy-in. Hopefully, I'll improve enough next week that I don't have to go around begging after that.

FeliciaLee
03-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Well, if it's any consolation, after the final table was formed, you were to the immediate right of Baxter. He was acting the maniac in the flop games, while slowing down marginally in the Stud games.

He was impossible to steal against and just never seemed to give up.

At those stakes, no matter who had the chip lead, just a couple of beats and you're out.

This was my fourth HORSE tourney on FTP, and each time it's been similar. The stakes are just too high compared to the total number of chips on the table.

Not only did you have bad position, but you also were at a disadvange in rotation, plus you caught some beats.

bholdr
03-21-2005, 05:40 PM
I think the stakes started too high and built too fast. I had 1000 or so chips left going in to the first round of razz, didn't get a playable hand, and had like 650 at the beggining of stud (where my first two hands were A24 and 235, of course). I suppose it's my own fault for playing it like a cash game, I never play tourneys, and i see that i have some studying to do.

FeliciaLee
03-21-2005, 05:40 PM
I had a fantastic time, and it definitely took me away from reality for a few hours /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was extremely impressed by the mature behavior during the tourney. While in the beginning, Baxter seemed to be rude and make some inappropriate comments, he seemed to straighten up later in the tourney and act polite.

We had no hecklers, no flamers. Everyone was professional as they were knocked out. What a class act! I always knew we were the best 2+2 forum. Yay us! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only request I have for next time is that you all write Perry and tell him that FTP needs to work on the structure. If we are going to pay 10% juice, we should have a playable event. One beat shouldn't be able to eliminate a medium stack at the start of hour two! That is pretty much how it is set up at this point. We need more chips, longer levels or a more gradual increase.

If Perry hears from enough of us, they will change the software.

He has posted his e-mail address publicly before, so I don't feel I'm violating his privacy by publishing it here:

friedman@cs.stanford.edu

Thank you all for coming out. Spread the word, and let's keep this a success!

Andy B
03-21-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We had no hecklers, no flamers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the hell you thought I was doing after I busted out.

I don't think punks like baxter should be allowed to play if they're not going to tell us what their 2+2 handles are.

Do you really think that they'll miss the $30 in juice or whatever if we protest their tournament structure?

FeliciaLee
03-22-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think that they'll miss the $30 in juice or whatever if we protest their tournament structure?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, supposedly we are "beta testing" it right now, so yes, I do believe that if we write asking for a better structure, they will give it to us. Maybe just wishful thinking.