PDA

View Full Version : Shortstacked with J9o

garcia1000
03-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Hi friends. I just played in this $20/2 SnG, and I was in the big blind with J9o when it got raised. Should I all-in/stop'n'go this, or fold it? Thanks in advance for replies.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t763)
Hero (t677)
UTG (t1160)
MP1 (t1850)
MP2 (t680)
CO (t1455)
Button (t1415)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t425</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>. Hero...

Dudd
03-20-2005, 07:46 PM
You have no fold equity on the flop, so a stop n go is out of the question. You will have 477 left after this hand, and 377 after posting your SB on the next hand. I'd probably push and hope that I'm not dominated, since going to t1400 if you win is much better than having t477 left and forced to put a fifth of that in the next hand.

Ron
03-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi, coin flip, I have play both ways, all-in and prayed with medium cards or waiting for the better hand before going all-in. Waiting has proven to be a long term winning play because other players will often go all-in against you becasue of your short stack with thier poorer cards when you wait for a decent hand. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif LOL ron

Elektrik
03-20-2005, 09:11 PM
If you're going to push preflop, you should stop and go.

[ QUOTE ]
You have no fold equity on the flop, so a stop n go is out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against some players, you do have FE, and some is greater than none if you push.

curtains
03-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah you have very little fold equity by stop+going, however they do fold sometimes (Very rarely, but I've seen it), which is better than none of the time.

garcia1000
03-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I folded this so I didn't see what he had.

So is the consensus that I could play both ways, and it all depends on any read on the raiser, and his position? I would stop'n'go if I chose to play, just because I still have a tiny bit of folding equity at the 20/2 level.

I'm trying to improve my play because most of the time I can make the easy decisions to push/bully the table when I have a big stack. But it's much harder for me to play as short stack so I need to learn some simple calling situations.

I would also have pushed here without thinking if it was folded around to me. I'm pretty sure that's the right play, just want some reassurance on that point.

boondockst
03-21-2005, 09:46 AM
wouldn't you win the pot preflop if it was folded to you (you're in the BB) lol

Raiser
03-21-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah you have very little fold equity by stop+going, however they do fold sometimes (Very rarely, but I've seen it), which is better than none of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey curtains.

Do you feel the stop and go is always preferable in spots like this where you are so short you have to get all in soon, but have a bad hand and want the other guy to fold?