PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Tell Poll

blingice
03-20-2005, 05:02 PM
What is the biggest tell?
The bottom two are supposed to say "bad hand" and "good hand" after the sentence. For some reason they don't appear on my computer.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bling.

JRegs
03-20-2005, 05:51 PM
I voted Other -

Staring you down. It means she/he is bluffing, and trying to intimidate you out of the pot.

Brainwalter
03-20-2005, 09:10 PM
"Not looking" is right after "looking at hand again" on the poll. Do you mean not looking at the hand again, or looking away from the game?

lehighguy
03-20-2005, 10:46 PM
You should put think for 2 mins and then decide to slowplay as you do a super check.

What is chip glance, I have probably seen it before but am unfamilair with that terminology.

Cory Neely
03-21-2005, 01:54 AM
thats when an opponent makes a strong hand a quickly glances at his chips wondering how much to bet

TStoneMBD
03-22-2005, 03:31 PM
this is the most reliable tell in my opinion. if you see a player looking at his chips before the action gets to him, you know that he intends to play the hand and is almost certainly going to bet if checked to him.

steamboatin
03-22-2005, 04:10 PM
quick action usually means they are on a draw. They know what cards they need so they do not have to think about the action.

bdypdx
03-22-2005, 04:59 PM
You left out "trembly hands".

-bdy

toots
03-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Oh, you left out my favorites:

The full volume "Yeah, baby!" on the turn

"Double down!" shouted right before raising preflop

Or, my all time favorite, "I don't think you have it" uttered as the guy bets into you after you check raised him on the last two streets.

stigmata
03-23-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should put think for 2 mins and then decide to slowplay as you do a super check.

[/ QUOTE ]

It cracks me up when people do this online, e.g. they think for *ages* before calling with there flopped set. Or the other guys who bet *real fast* with their TPGK, like they win more when they hit the buttons faster.

neorab
03-23-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You left out "trembly hands".

[/ QUOTE ]
Last time I was at the local cardroom, I was watching the game while I was waiting to get onto the table and someone had the shakest damn hands I'd ever seen. His eyes were open full blown when the ace comes on the flop. He was shaking so bad that he knocked his chipstack over when he tried to bet. He kept trying to raise twice as much as he could too. I was surprised he got three callers all the way to the river and that they were surprise when he flipped up aces. He got up and left with his 100 dollar pot too.

On the other hand, I shake like crazy cause they have the AC so damn high that wearing my winter coat I'm still freezing cold. My buddy that goes with me has a blood sugar problem and sometimes he shakes like crazy too. Sometimes it doesn't mean anything.

The bad habit people have when we have home games is checking their suits. When a flop comes all one suit, no less than three people will check their cards right away. Watching them get all serious when they realize they have a good flush draw is an easy tell when you play the same 8 people every week for a few months.

Justin A
03-23-2005, 05:46 PM
I voted 'other' because mine is a verbal tell. It's when they say something to the affect of being scared of your hand, but then they reraise anyway. This is almost always the pure nuts.

NLSoldier
03-24-2005, 01:46 AM
Its gotta be the hollywood.

shejk
03-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Absolute favorite - staring at the flop inviting you to bet them out of their misery.

beetyjoose
03-24-2005, 01:39 PM
I was wondering what people's opinions were on what was a better tell: knwoing someone has a bad hand or a good hand? The poll is fairly close. To me, I would think that knowing that someone has a huge hand, and you making a big laydown is more valuable than busting someone on a bluff. Granted you would miss out on winning some chips if you let someone bluff you out, but making a big laydown can potentially save you even more money and perhaps your tournament life (if thats what you are playing).

SossMan
03-24-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering what people's opinions were on what was a better tell: knwoing someone has a bad hand or a good hand? The poll is fairly close. To me, I would think that knowing that someone has a huge hand, and you making a big laydown is more valuable than busting someone on a bluff. Granted you would miss out on winning some chips if you let someone bluff you out, but making a big laydown can potentially save you even more money and perhaps your tournament life (if thats what you are playing).

[/ QUOTE ]

in limit, it's almost certainly knowing when someone has a bad hand. knowing that they have a good hand will save you a few bets at the most. knowing they have a bad hand can save you the whole pot.

in NL, it's probably much closer, esp in a tourney.