PDA

View Full Version : Annoying little 44 hand

zuluking
03-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Clearing Party bonus and this hand irritates me. Should I have raised the flop or was it better to wait until the turn? River raise goot for value or just call?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Dave G.
03-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Can I ask why did you raise the turn? With 8 outs to the OESD you are a 4.75:1 dog to make it on the river. So you'd need at least 4 callers for this to be +EV, right? With only 2 callers, this seems like a losing play. Unless I'm looking at this at the wrong way...

You might still have top pair, but I think the A on the board reduces that chance significantly. People love to play aces, and 7 players saw that flop.

I can't see why a flop raise would be good here either... most people with an ace aren't folding here.

milesdyson
03-20-2005, 05:07 PM
I like flop call. Were you really debating raising?

I dislike turn raise - 100% of the time you are still drawing, and you do not have enough equity to raise an OESD here.

I dislike river 3-bet - it looks like you're chopping or losing to UTG+2, and you're not allowing BB to overcall.

btspider
03-20-2005, 05:08 PM
i'm confused by the desire to raise the flop or turn.. want to clarify why you want to do it?

on the river, going for an overcall wouldn't be a bad plan..

zuluking
03-20-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm confused by the desire to raise the flop or turn.. want to clarify why you want to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm a poker idiot and my post-flop play sucks. btw I lost to 87 clubs.

DoctorDrew
03-20-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with mr. spider. The one player you are pretty sure you have beat is BB. Let him call one more. 'Cause if villain caps. . .you have to call, right?

SCfuji
03-20-2005, 05:43 PM
im suspicious of players that have been calling all the way that wake up when a scare card comes up in a multiway pot.

i dont like the turn raise and i dont like the river 3-bet.