PDA

View Full Version : More polls about us as players

Aaron W.
03-20-2005, 04:47 PM
So we've had a post about Perceptions about perceptions (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1937328&page=5&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) which basically said that everyone thinks everyone else has a poker ego problem. Then we had a post about Poker ego insecurities (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1962585&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) which seemed to say that people generally have 'anti-egos' and feel like they suck.

Rather than have a poll about how good people are or are not, how about having a poll about our poker habits:

[For those who don't know, "fora" = "forums"]

scotty34
03-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Is "fora" actually the plural of forum? I checked 0-2 because I didn't clue into what fora meant until reading it a couple of times. I would have assumed its just "forums." I would like to change my vote to 10+ if this is the case.

reubenf
03-20-2005, 05:00 PM
I responded:
4+ tables
10-20 hrs/wk
0-2 hrs reading books... now I see "forums" and should have said 2-5 (and much more while playing)
Lots!!!! -- Though I'm still terrible.
Reading books. I currently learn more from the forums, but overall I've gotten far more from the books. Reviewing my own play is very close too.

Aaron W.
03-20-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is "fora" actually the plural of forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what the dictionary (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fora) says. /images/graemlins/smile.gif It's always good to be learning new things. (And I edited the original post to make that question more clear.)

Aaron W.
03-20-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
0-2 hrs reading books...

[/ QUOTE ]

Which books?

reubenf
03-20-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
0-2 hrs reading books...

[/ QUOTE ]

Which books?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually read some SSHE and/or TOP when I occupy the restroom , or sometimes HEPFAP or TPFAP. I also brush up occasionally on sections in SSHE and TOP when I have something specific I'm having troubles with. I recently bought Harrington on Hold'Em and maybe once every two weeks I'll go to the bookstore and read a chunk of a book or two and typically decide not to buy it.

Isura
03-20-2005, 08:32 PM
3-4 tables
5-10 hours a week
2-5 hours reading (books and this forum)
1-2 hours reviewing play (I need to increase this)
Improved a ton in last 6 months, been playing about 9 months overall.
Learn the most from analyzing and attempting to respond to hand posts.

shadow29
03-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm playing one table of 2/4 now, but I play 4 tables of .5/1, 1/2, and 1/2 sh.

Hrs? Really depends on my studies. I've had a 0 hr week and I've had a 20 hr week. So I answered 5-10.

Originally I put 0-2 hours for the next question b/c I thought it said books. I spend way too much time on the fora. I spend 10+ just because I read 2+2 while playing poker. 1 table is too boring, but I'm not good enough yet for more.

I spend about one hour a week reviewing my play.

I just started playing limit in November, so I wish that "exponentially" was an option.

I learn best by fighting on the fora with random idiots lke entiy and shill.