PDA

View Full Version : JJ with AA on table

SkyRocker
03-20-2005, 04:15 PM
No special reads on the opponents.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

I'm working on increasing my agressiveness postflop. Would a river bet be okey here?

Shillx
03-20-2005, 04:17 PM
The problem with checking and calling here is that they will bet better hands after you check to them, but they will check behind with worse hands. So if the button has a 9 or a 5 or whatever, he will call a bet but he will take a free showdown if given the option. So if you intend to call a bet on the river, you must bet it yourself.

Brad

gorgeous
03-20-2005, 04:20 PM
JJ is a tricky hand when you're out of position and an Ace flops. When this situation occurs you should check that flop and fold to any aggression. If it gets checked around with no scare card on the turn then you should be confident that you're ahead and bet.

Shillx
03-20-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JJ is a tricky hand when you're out of position and an Ace flops. When this situation occurs you should check that flop and fold to any aggression. If it gets checked around with no scare card on the turn then you should be confident that you're ahead and bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should we just unlearn all of the important concepts that made us good players (hand reading, making decisions based on pot size, etc.) and go back to playing Lee Jones Fit or Fold poker? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Dude don't scare me like this.

Brad

gorgeous
03-20-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SkyRocker
03-20-2005, 04:41 PM
There is no way I'm checking this after 3-betting preflop. CO raised from a steal position so he could have pretty much anything. Button is a bigger problem, but he could have many hands that don't include an ace.

Redd
03-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Nobody has mentioned the turn yet - shouldn't we be leading the turn here too, especially when considering that CO might be on a blind steal with le garbage?

Shillx
03-20-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody has mentioned the turn yet - shouldn't we be leading the turn here too, especially when considering that CO might be on a blind steal with le garbage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I totally missed that. We should keep betting until we are told not to, and it is at that point that we spike a jack. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brad