PDA

View Full Version : Another AQ hand

Schizo
03-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Villian has 56% VPIP over a mere 19 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Nick C
03-20-2005, 08:49 PM
It's possible that UTG capped the flop because he wanted to stay in and figured UTG+1 was going to cap anyway. Also, there's some chance he just has a flush draw. (The thing is, though, it's impossible for him to have a pair and a flush draw, which I think he'd be more likely to play strong, since you hold the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.) I think most of the time, though, he's going to have a big hand -- either two pair or a set. His call/cap is pretty scary.

Chances are, I'd call down like you did. I wouldn't really expect to win, though. When I was still unimproved on the river, I'd feel like I was making a crying call.

Schizo
03-21-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think most of the time, though, he's going to have a big hand -- either two pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Good guess btw, I was against A5 and J5. Both had two pair, the only question is if it's right to ever lay this down?

admiralfluff
03-21-2005, 12:40 AM
reads could make this an easy fold, but with out them I have to (hate to) say I'd call down as well FWIW. I wouldn't like it though.

crunchy1
03-21-2005, 12:55 AM
I might be inclined to pull a stop'n'go after UTG+1's flop raise. Two things might have happened.

(1) You would've called the raise and UTG would've 3-bet. You might find a fold on the flop at this point.

(2) UTG would've called as well. You would've lead out the turn. UTG and UTG+1 would've probably gotten pretty aggressive with a possible raise/3-bet. I think you can be pretty confident that you're making a good laydown on the turn by folding to their aggression.