PDA

View Full Version : 88 open raise, weak tight and unknown in the blinds

DontRaisePlz
03-20-2005, 04:06 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

SB is a known weak/tight, BB is unknown. I put both of em on either an Ac/Kc or a queen. If SB folds, I bet the turn and check the river. Any thoughts on this hand? Did I give it up too quickly?

gorgeous
03-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Bet that turn. If you get raised you'll know you're beat.

Shillx
03-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Looks like you are the only weak tighty in this one. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I don't understand why you think you are drawing dead when the flop action goes bet-raise-coldcall. Bet the turn.

Brad

imported_legoman
03-20-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet that turn. If you get raised you'll know you're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I check behind on the turn and call 1 bet on the river. You're not betting the turn for value, so save the bet for the river and get to a showdown.

On the river, the BB might be stealing, seeing that you checked behind on the turn he might put you on a club, and bet the river trying to fold you out.

Catt
03-20-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check behind on the turn and call 1 bet on the river. You're not betting the turn for value, so save the bet for the river and get to a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are betting for value. You very likely have the best hand. By checking the turn, you're giving your opponents a free chance to spike the /images/graemlins/club.gif that makes their hand. Checking the turn is horrible.

MagicFlea
03-20-2005, 06:18 PM
I probably also bet the turn. If I did check the turn I would still call the river every time. That river bet screams two things to me: Taking a stab after it was checked around (maybe he missed his flush draw and thinks you did too), or he just paired a 5. less than 50 percent chence he has a K to me since he didnt bet the turn.

As for putting them on hands, I don't think theres any reason to put them on Q or K over any other decent high cards or connectors, since they're calling from the blinds, unless you know they are decent players.