PDA

View Full Version : How do you play QQ preflop to a reraise?

octop
03-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Lets say you and 2 other stacks both have the buy in which is 100 big blinds
You get qq and raise to 10
MP calls and the cutoff makes it 40 to go

With no reads on anybody how do you proceed?

greg nice
03-20-2005, 04:10 PM
your post makes no sense.

are you raising to 10 big blinds? 10 dollars? 10 iraqi dinar?

please give complete information

octop
03-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Blinds are 1/2
Stacks are 200 dollars and I make it 10 dollars to go

jackdaniels
03-20-2005, 04:19 PM
You are looking at either AA, KK or AK. Wanna gamble? Call and push undercard flop. Wanna play safe? Fold pre-flop.

I usually go with option A (gamble) - still not sure that is the right way though.

gulebjorn
03-20-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call and push undercard flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

poboy
03-20-2005, 05:08 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this but. You are hoping this is AK and not AA or KK. Which means 2 out of 3 times you are way behind and 1 time you are a small favorite. Fold and wait for a better opportunity. JMO

BobboFitos
03-20-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I'm saying this but. You are hoping this is AK and not AA or KK. Which means 2 out of 3 times you are way behind and 1 time you are a small favorite. Fold and wait for a better opportunity. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

it really depends who is reraising...

against some people (very tight reraisers) when it's aa/kk/other qq the move is fold. dont have odds to bounce a set.

against others (very loose reraisers) when it could be aa/kk/other qq OR jj/tt/ak/aq then i prolly call and check raise under flop. or call and play postflop accordingly.

against people where you can limit their range to EXACTLY AA, KK, AK I dont think calling and pushing an under flop is ideal. Checkraising all in is probably best going on the assumption they make a continuation bet - but that might not be best yet.

*also, if you know with equal frequency (as in they never smooth call trap with AA and they ALWAYS repop AK) then AK is more likely as AA and KK combined due to card combos. (16 combos for AK, 6 combos for AA, 6 combos for KK)

poboy
03-20-2005, 05:45 PM
You are correct, with the right read this becomes playable. The OP asked how you would play it minus a read though. Without a read I'm folding and waiting for a better opportunity. JMO

BobboFitos
03-20-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are correct, with the right read this becomes playable. The OP asked how you would play it minus a read though. Without a read I'm folding and waiting for a better opportunity. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

i half agree with this;

poboy, what do you think is the average SSNL preflop reraising standards?

poboy
03-20-2005, 06:14 PM
That is a tough one to answer. Because there are so many maniacs(any 2) out there, this would bring the average way down. On the other hand your typical non-maniacal lag(JJ or better) will generally be quite sensible with his re-raises though still looser than a solid player. A tight solid player will of course only reraise with the premium holdings(AK or better). A tricky solid player on the other hand might try to make a move with a number of different holdings(???). I guess what I'm trying to say is I honestly don't know. /images/graemlins/grin.gif That is what would make me feel uncomfortable in this situation and lean towards mucking it.

BobboFitos
03-20-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is a tough one to answer. Because there are so many maniacs(any 2) out there, this would bring the average way down. On the other hand your typical non-maniacal lag(JJ or better) will generally be quite sensible with his re-raises though still looser than a solid player. A tight solid player will of course only reraise with the premium holdings(AK or better). A tricky solid player on the other hand might try to make a move with a number of different holdings(???). I guess what I'm trying to say is I honestly don't know. /images/graemlins/grin.gif That is what would make me feel uncomfortable in this situation and lean towards mucking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah - tough to assign hand range to unknown =)

anyway, poboy, i agree that folding probably isn't too bad. if you assume a player is tight until they prove otherwise (so AA/KK/QQ) you can't go wrong. just one of those arguments about updating notes/keeping tabs on PT being fairly important as you dont want to constantly muck big-ish hands pf to a reraise from a maniac or LAG.

Edit: Although I'm not so against taking a flop, either. OP wasn't completely clear on positions, only that Hero makes an EP raise and a LP new player reraises it after a cold caller in the middle. Obviously without knowing your opponent you have to do alot of guesswork barring a Q high flop, so it's not a great situation to be in, (so mucking pf is fine) but if you think MP will overcall the reraise once you've called, I think you should take a look at a flop.

For example, in a 3 way re-raised pot pf and the flop comes all unders it would take alot of cutzpah (sp?) for a PF re-R to push AK / AQ / random trash (if they're somewhat loose in their reraises)

stankybank
03-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Fold