PDA

View Full Version : Pokerbabe, sorry (trip report)

M2d
10-07-2002, 01:24 PM
didn't meet the babe. That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?
Hit vegas last wednesday, for a trip with my two friends. Ran reeeeeaaaaaly bad at the mirage 10-20 that night (great game, but couldnt win a hand). found out later that my friends missed their flight( they were flying standby from Hawaii, and the flight filled up at the last minute, so they didn't get on /forums/images/icons/mad.gif ). Missed our tee-time the next day (obviously), and finally heard that they were coming in that (thursday night) night on another flight.

Went to Binions for a pastrami sandwich and some more 10-20 action. the action was decent, but the sandwich was great. It's kind of sad, though, that the horseshoe is so run down. life moves on, though.

Went back to my hotel (stardust) and then decided to hit the bellagio. The 15 game was great there, and I made back most of my losses from the mirage game. I also had a nice conversation with a cocktail waitress who informed me that Patricia Ford (Bikini model and Hawaiian Glamour girl) is also a waitress at the Bellagio. Might have to go on a Patricia Ford hunt my next time in town /forums/images/icons/cool.gif ).

met up with my friends at the bellagio after their flight came in, and we rolled back tot he stardust for some 21 action.
Usually, in vegas, I consider my non-poker gambling as an expense, and as a chance to hang out with my friends who don't play poker. Man, what an expensive expense. we stayed up drinking and playing for a while until we realized that it was getting pretty late, and we had to meet a fishing charter in a few hours. We decided WTF, and stayed up all the way through before heading out to lake mead at 430AM.

Fishing was great. Hot striped bass action.

Came back and crashed out for a few hours before hitting up dinner and another night of drunken gambling. Missed out on the afternoon 10-20 at the mirage, so I didn't get to meet the babe this time.

I left Vegas on Saturday morning to meet my parents in LA. They wanted to see the Lion King before it left LA, so they flew from Hawaii to California for the show. It was pretty good, but I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had gotten more than 8 hours sleep the previous three days.

Now I'm back in the bay area and back at work. Somehow, even the rundown binions surroundings seem more enticeing than this office. I may go back next month, so maybe I'll meet the babe then.

Easy E
10-07-2002, 03:36 PM
... and the deep voice from the heavens spoketh, shaking the ground forevermore....

"ONCE THOU HAST BLOWNTH OFF THE BABE OF POKER, THY SHALT NEVERMORE BE BLESSED WITH THE BABE'S PRESENCE HERETOFORE!"

... and the pagens trembled before the Poker God's wrath...

PokerBabe(aka)
10-07-2002, 06:25 PM
M2d- I was at Mirage on Friday and Saturday. NOW you tell me that you "dissed" the Babe to chat about a Bikini Model??? You are OUT of the running for 2003 "Best Boy's List". /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Dynasty moves up. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

M2d
10-07-2002, 07:12 PM
Babe,
the Patricia Ford hunt was the night before I was planning on meeting you. I'd gladly give up all failed searches for silicon-bearing alcohol schleppers to meet up with the siren of the green baize anyday. You were, however, dissed for a few hours of shut-eye after we chased fish up and down Lake Mead. For that, I heartily apologize, and hope to get back into your good graces before the BBL search commences for 2004.
-M2d

PokerBabe(aka)
10-07-2002, 09:35 PM
Well stated. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Babe