PDA

View Full Version : slowplay right in this case?

mithong
03-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

my reasoning behind calling the flop bet was because there were two people behind me facing 2 bets if i raised... so i wanted to pad the pot a little as i was sure my hand was going to be the best hand all the way through. obviously the turn card scared me, but i still believed i was good, so i bet. when the river came out i just checked for obvious reasons...

was this really flawed logic?

istewart
03-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Get as many bets in as possible on that flop.

gorgeous
03-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Don't slowplay trips. Raise the flop.. the two guys behind you might call anyway. By smooth calling you're getting an extra 2 SB max. Raising and getting a caller + the bettor gets you more.

SCfuji
03-20-2005, 03:52 PM
go crazy

radek2166
03-20-2005, 04:03 PM
Hate to do this but, This is a SET not trips. you would not believe how many live players call trips a set. It's funny!! To me their is a huge differance.

Shillx
03-20-2005, 04:05 PM
If you are going to call on the flop, you have to bet the river. Do you see why?

When you slowplay a hand, it should be impossible for you to lose on later streets. So the 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the river isn't a scare card for you here. Actually, you should be jumping for joy when four to the straight appears on board and bet it for value becase it probably gave someone a 2nd best hand. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Brad

radek2166
03-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Raise hope you get rerasied then cap. Dont let these guys hit their gut shots for cheap. We call this fancy play syndrome otherwise known as FPS.

The guys behind have been know to chse their gut shots all the way to the river no matter the cost.

UncleSalty
03-20-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hate to do this but, This is a SET not trips. you would not believe how many live players call trips a set. It's funny!! To me their is a huge differance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't a set just a subset of trips? I think anytime you have 3 of a kind it's trips, regardless of how many are in your pocket. A set just means specifically that 2 of your 3 are hidden.

Experts? Anyone? Beuller??...

-Salty

hicherbie
03-20-2005, 04:11 PM
they have no reason to think you have such a strong hand with such low cards, bet the flop and go nuts if somebody reraises you. the check on the river is questionable but should be fine, you gotta bet on all other streets though.

imported_legoman
03-20-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't a set just a subset of trips? I think anytime you have 3 of a kind it's trips, regardless of how many are in your pocket. A set just means specifically that 2 of your 3 are hidden.

-Salty

[/ QUOTE ]
I consider both trips and a set the parts that make up "three of a kind", but entirely different from each other.

radek2166
03-20-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Salty

[/ QUOTE ]

Your wrong.

Do you see why?!?!?!?!?!

I will let someone else elaberate