PDA

View Full Version : How do I calculate the statistical significance of my stats?

OneCentRob
03-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I have posted this same Q in the "Poker Theory" section, but I then I thought that maybe I would have more chance of finding an answer here.

2 Questions:

1) I been playing $20 heads up holdem NL sit & go tournaments with a 68% win rate after about 500 games. I am now moving up to $50 entry heads up games. My quesiton is, how many games do I need to play before my win rate becomes statistically significant. Moreover, how do I calculate the statistical significance of my win rate after a x number of games.

2) I also play 10 man holdem NL cash games (ring games). Again, I am slowly moving up through the stakes (currently up to $2/$4 NL). I use Poker tracker to keep an accurate record of my BB/100 hands and standard deviation. How many hands do I need to play at any given level before my stats become statistically significant? ie how do I calculate the statistical significance of my stats after x hands?

I would really appreciate your help on this one. Links to relevant sites for futher explanation would be greatly appreciated too.

irchans
03-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Questions like this occur very often. It would be nice if we had some kind of a FAQ.