PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Team

Crveballin
03-20-2005, 02:14 PM
I think I am going to need to trade some power for pitching later. What do you think? Standard 5X5 Roto 12 Team:

C B. Inge
1B D. Ortiz
2B A. Soriano
3B M. Mora
SS M. Young
OF A. Dunn
OF K. Mench
OF R. Freel
Util J. Morneau
BN L. Berkman
BN G. Anderson
BN T. Nixon

SP J. Beckett
SP J. Vazquez
SP L. Hernandez
RP B. Looper
RP L. Hawkins
P B. Webb
P N. Lowry
BN J. Pineiro
BN Y. Brazoban

bugstud
03-20-2005, 02:23 PM
freel and mench in the OF does not look good at all, and I'm not an Inge fan. I hope you're planning on platooning Mench with someone, and you should be starting trot.

Jack of Arcades
03-20-2005, 02:35 PM
the [censored] is Berkman, Anderson, and Nixon on the bench for?

rather, the [censored] is Kevin Mench doing starting over one of them?

radek2166
03-20-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to go out on a limb here and say the season starts in 2 weeks. I might be wrong but thats my guess!

Jurollo
03-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Freel holds some value for an occassional sb. I think the biggest thing about your team is head size, between mench, ortiz and berkman, yikes those are some big hats.
~Justin

Jack of Arcades
03-20-2005, 03:01 PM
See, your post would be relevant if it wasn't for the fact that only one of his bench players was injured.

Crveballin
03-20-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
See, your post would be relevant if it wasn't for the fact that only one of his bench players was injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. Berkman is currently rehabing a torn ACL injury in November and G. Anderson is nursing tendinitis in his right knee. Berkman will miss the first part of the 2005 season. I will probably move Anderson into the lineup once the pain subsides.

jesusarenque
03-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Try to trade Soriano and Anderson. Both players are way overrated by a lot of people, so you can almost certainly get better players in return.

Jack of Arcades
03-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Trading Soriano would be terrible in a standard roto league, he's the best 2B by far and one of the most valuable players in the league.

jesusarenque
03-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Soriano might be the most overrated player in baseball. OP could get a ton for him in a trade.

Jack of Arcades
03-20-2005, 04:02 PM
We aren't talking about real baseball here, we're talking about roto baseball, where the only thing that matters are BA, HR, RBI, R, and SB.

jesusarenque
03-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I know, and while Soriano is much better in roto baseball, I still think he is overrated enough to put him on the market and see what you can get. I think I bet OP could get a good 2B and a power bat in the outfield (replacing Mench, etc.) for him.

bugstud
03-20-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know, and while Soriano is much better in roto baseball, I still think he is overrated enough to put him on the market and see what you can get. I think I bet OP could get a good 2B and a power bat in the outfield (replacing Mench, etc.) for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

If freel had a guranateed job, I would agree with dealing soriano

Crveballin
03-20-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Soriano might be the most overrated player in baseball. OP could get a ton for him in a trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking two years removed from a near 40/40 season and a 5 category player all while at the scarcest (besides catcher) position for fantasy. In no way do I see him as overrated.

Crveballin
03-20-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Kevin Mench stays healthy, I put him as a 30/90 kind of guy. He is way underrated as he hit 26 HR and 71 RBI in only 438 at bats. He isnt a SB threat, while his AVG is average I think he can contribute. I agree to benching Freel and playing Nixon. Spot starts for SB for Freel will be necessary.

jesusarenque
03-20-2005, 04:49 PM
That is why he is overrated. He had a huge season a few years ago and has experienced a serious decline since then. He swings at everything, and he can't get on base to save his life. His OBP was .324 last year. Ugh.

Crveballin
03-20-2005, 04:57 PM
He was battling some hamstring issues last year that may have caused some of his decline. Atleast for SB he dropped 17 from the year before. Im not a believer in one bad year as a big decline. If his age was in the upper 30's red flags would be going up but he is "listed" as 29.

jesusarenque
03-20-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was battling some hamstring issues last year that may have caused some of his decline. Atleast for SB he dropped 17 from the year before. Im not a believer in one bad year as a big decline. If his age was in the upper 30's red flags would be going up but he is "listed" as 29.

[/ QUOTE ]

His OBP the last three years: .332, .338, .324. Hamstring problems don't cause you to swing at pitches a foot over your head.

Jack of Arcades
03-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Which, once again, doesn't matter in standard roto leagues.

jesusarenque
03-20-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which, once again, doesn't matter in standard roto leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this. We agree on Soriano's value as both a player and a roto player. All I am saying is that Soriano is so overrated in "real life" that OP can get better FANTASY players in return if he trades.

Jack of Arcades
03-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Except Soriano is already one of the better fantasy players out there.

jesusarenque
03-20-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Except Soriano is already one of the better fantasy players out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but if OP could get something like Jeff Kent and J.D. Drew of Soriano, that would be worth trading him.