PDA

View Full Version : KK late and shortstacked.

Nottom
03-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Party 50+5

5-handed. Blinds 100/200

Hero is UTG with about 1200
Big Stack is in the blind with 3700.
Button has 2900.
Other 2 guys have less than me but more than 1000 chips.

Hero picks up KK and decides to try and get a little action and makes it 450.

CO (1100) calls. Others all fold.

Flop is AJ4 rainbow.

J-Lo
03-20-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't think u can fold this, and i don't wann give free cards, relatively easy push.

microbet
03-20-2005, 02:38 PM
You're pretty much pot committed and the caller is even more so. If you check, you won't have any idea whether he has it when he bets or not. I don't think it is a fold, but why push.

If he has the ace he will call for sure. If he doesn't have the ace, what are you afraid of?

Check and either he has it and will bet or will likely bluff at it anyway. The only thing a push will do is scare off a complete miss.

gasgod
03-20-2005, 02:44 PM
With Ax, I would expect button to use his folding equity by reraising all-in. Maybe he wouldn't do it with Ace-rag. It would help to have a read on button.

So, I push. I can't help wondering why button didn't push, since calling pretty much commits him to the pot. Maybe he would like to see a call behind him, which means he has a high pair. (I hope it's not AA)

GG

Nottom
03-20-2005, 03:35 PM
On a related note, how many people hate the raise to 450?

lastchance
03-20-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I don't like it with KK. Ace flops way more than it should.

blingice
03-20-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like it with KK. Ace flops way more than it should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. KK is cursed w/ me. I'd say an ace flops 5/7 times when i have it. /images/graemlins/grin.gifI really don't worry though, because my friends will call a raise preflop with a face card + medium kicker. In this situation, I pressed "Check-call" but now I realize that that is a VERY weak play. I wanted a "Check-raise" or a "Min bet" button. If he called the minraise, he has a draw/or a J. If the turn misses, I would go all in, if the turn is a Q or T, I would check and fold to anything other than a minraise.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bling.

Nottom
03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Well I ended up check-folding, but I immediately regretted it. The pot is too big here I think he will push with quite a few hands that don't have an A. Additionally winnign the pot puts me in a comfortable spot while leaving myself with 750 chips and about to post the blinds is not a good place to be.

As for pushing vs check-calling. I think I like check-calling the flop. If hes got an A well its gonna work out the same either way. If not then I might as well give him a chance to bluff at it since hes drawing pretty slim and the free card isn't going to hurt me very often. Maybe I'm wrong about this but I think somethign like 66 is more likely to push after a check than call if I push and I think that's where most of the EV I have left in this hand is hiding.