PDA

View Full Version : Can you possibly throw away this flush draw?

Wepeel
03-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB

Is it bad to call everything here? I just felt like I had no other options after two raises after my flop bet.

JoshuaD
03-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Depending on reads, I can fold that turn.

Harv72b
03-20-2005, 01:25 PM
I would've played it the same preflop through turn. I think you're going to see a couple of trip Ks more often than you see a flopped or turned FH.

I'm torn on the river...my instinct is to bet out when I hit my flush, but I don't know what I'm going to do if I'm raised by either opponent. So I can also see check/calling 2 bets.

I take it you did lose to a boat in this hand, and that's tough luck. But I think holding the draw through the river against two unknowns is +EV.

JoshuaD
03-20-2005, 02:05 PM
I was just reading over the thread again, and I wasn't very clear with what I said. Readless I'm not folding on the turn or the flop. If I know both of these guys are pretty passive, I can find a fold on the turn.

jclin
03-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Nobody would ever play 77 so strong on flop with that monster. With no raise, AK is probably out of the question. Either they are raising Kx or good flush draw. It is quite unlikely they both have kings, although it is possible. I fold this on the turn.

Wepeel
03-20-2005, 11:09 PM
OK... I posted this to see how many people would drop this on the turn and it seems the majority would to unknowns. Not to be results oriented, but I in fact did win this hand where MP3 showed down AKo and BB did in fact fold. Do you think you win this enough to justify calling two cold on the turn?

Harv72b
03-20-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK... I posted this to see how many people would drop this on the turn and it seems the majority would to unknowns. Not to be results oriented, but I in fact did win this hand where MP3 showed down AKo and BB did in fact fold. Do you think you win this enough to justify calling two cold on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think holding the draw through the river against two unknowns is +EV

[/ QUOTE ].

The only time I fold a two in the hole flush draw is if the board double pairs or shows trips and there's a lot of action. Hands like this one show why--you can afford to lose a lot of these and still come out ahead.