PDA

View Full Version : Dipping a toe into 3/6 - trip Qs meets aggression

mack848
03-20-2005, 11:35 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

3-bet the flop ? I planned to get aggressive after a safe turn, but to calm down if an A, K, T or heart.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

I think I like my turn raise.

River: (16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero ??

Value bet here ? I can see a crying call in such a big pot?

Elbie
03-20-2005, 11:50 AM
I would have capped the turn.

The way you played it:

On the river I think that you have MP1 beaten. The worry here is SB who have coldcalled a raise and than called a 3-bet on the turn (any reads on him?) He could very well have checked the river with a flush expecting a bet from either you or MP1. In spite of that danger I would value-bet the river and call a raise. If the flush isn't out there I am sure you will be called in one or two places.

Harv72b
03-20-2005, 01:21 PM
All that cold-calling makes me think SB is on a hearts draw--I'm really not worried about the backdoor flush to clubs, especially since the A/images/graemlins/club.gif showed on the flop.

I am slightly more worried about MP1 holding a KT, but not worried enough to not bet the river when checked to. I would have capped the flop as well, btw--there are a bazillion draws on this flop which will pay for the right to "suck out" on you, even though you have a sweet redraw to beat a turned flush or gutshot. Make them pay...this also helps in figuring out on later streets whether MP1 has the straight or is just overplaying two pair.

imported_legoman
03-20-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm interested in MP1's hand... where he raises the flop, 3-bets the turn and checks the river. I think he's either trying to c/r the river, or was trying to push out drawers. I think pushing out drawers is far more likely because a c/r on the river is a unnecessarily risky (if you check behind), so he would just bet out. Thus, I put him on 2pair and bet the river.

SB looks like he was on a flush or straight draw, i.e. had something like AK/AJ. I wouldnt be scared of the SB at all.

Bet the river.

cold_cash
03-20-2005, 01:50 PM
Boo/hiss for not 3-betting the flop and/or capping the turn.

mack848
03-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Yes, too timid.

SB showed K /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

MHING