PDA

View Full Version : CDC Highlights

sfer
03-20-2005, 11:21 AM
CDC pwned the 20/40 game at Commerce last night, roughly 18 hours after pwning a gathering of 2+2ers at a private 2/4 table. Meanwhile, I dropped a 3 racks at 20/40 last night and am quite happy that it wasn't 5. But I digress. Extrapolating his winrate from the last 36 hours, he should be able to purchase the island of Gibraltar by November or so.

Some highlights. At 2/4, he was wearing a Hawaiian Punch tee-shirt. And we were hemorrhaging chips to him, wearing a Hawaiian Punch tee-shirt. I can't believe we lost money to a dude wearing a Hawaiian Punch tee-shirt. He played about 80% of his hands on the button at 20/40. As the cards were dealt on his button, he would line up 8 chips and announce, "Cold call." I sincerely believe he got more action from the table because of his hair. He ate a sundae at the table. He played with a cigarette to look cool. He is, by consensus, the slowest chip stacker on Earth. He openraised 62o and fired three barrels into a Broadway board and took the pot on the river. Instead of saying raise or call, he said, "Eight chips" or "Four chips" or "Twelve chips." He also said things like:

River me a chop.

Qxo is +EV.

Button. Button. Button. Button. Ever say a word over and over until it sounds funny? Button. Button. Button.

I have clean outs.

DONK. DONK. DONK. DONK. DONK.

And late in the last session, after he raised preflop, the board came KKx and I said, "That's a bad flop for Jacks," and he was raised on the flop, he won the pot with JJ unimproved.

Wapwnage.

B Dids
03-20-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He openraised 62o and fired three barrels into a Broadway board and took the pot on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a wise, wise man. 62o is a monster.

JoshuaD
03-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Does this off the wall stuff actually work to loosen up the table like Mike Caro says?

edtost
03-20-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this off the wall stuff actually work to loosen up the table like Mike Caro says?

[/ QUOTE ]

LAME!!!!!

shant
03-20-2005, 04:59 PM
"The coldcall is one of the most powerful moves in Hold 'Em."

Evan
03-20-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River me a chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

2/4 the other night

I have QJo in the CO

Folded to me, I raise, Bakku and Gaming Mouse fold, CDC calls blind

Flop: 9TK
CDC checks and tells me he's calling down, I bet and tip the dealer $1, CDC calls

Turn: J
CDC checks, I bet and tip the dealer $1, CDC calls

River Q
CDC checks, I jump across the table and tackle CDC Super Man style like the guy in the first Tilt commercials

Nice chop with 54o Fish Daddy.

gaming_mouse
03-20-2005, 06:35 PM
CDC rocks. He is my other hero.

Friday night taught me one thing: That being a LAG is way, way cooler than being a TAG.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-20-2005, 08:47 PM
some other highlights.

me and evan destroy all 2+2ers.

me and sfer go 15 bets on the turn, 5 bets on the river. I win!

I flash the winner and scoop the pot to myself like a champ.

One hand I blind limp UTG and the pot gets capped. It ends up heads up on the river on a 3359Q board and i still haven't looked at my hand. gaming mouse bets into me and I raise saying "There's a good chance I have a 3." and the little girl only calls me despite me not looking at my hand yet. I flip over QQ and laugh.

after winning a ton of chips it's hard to make stacks. so i throw in a pile of dead money into the pot for the next pot.

after winning a big pot, it's customary to give everybody 2 bucks so we could have a family blind limpfest.

"I can't believe... we're losing to a guy... wearing a Hawaiin Punch tee shirt."

i bought in for 10 racks. i left with 14.

low limit stud players are the most miserable people in the world.

hopefully i'll think of more.

josh said i would end up broke if i played the 20/40 game, i boutght in for 2 racks, i left with 7 racks.

sfer's new nickname is Donktastic Dave.

i've turned 600 bucks into 11k in two days.

at the 20/40 game, if you coldcall AJo, you will ALWAYS beat AQ. (ask dave)

we ordered lots of free food.

Button. Button. Button. Button. Button. Ahhahahaha. Button. Button. Button.

Like sfer said i played about 80% of my buttons, mostly coldcalling raises with Qxo. "I have a clean 6 outer against AK" and would take down tons of pots by checking behind and rivering pairs (or not) and then betting.

"check, check, check. value bet so i don't have to show my hand"

sfer limped 86s UTG+1. Opearation Play Well and Operation Get Unstuck doensn't look too good from there.

limping is now called donking.

despite playing loose and showing down garbage ONLY from late position i was able to create a dumb donkey image, allowing me to get action on my good hands.

quadroople barrel bluffing with 6 high rules.

i can't... think.... of any... more. i'm sure when sfer's back from his flight he'll add in more.

cold_cash
03-20-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sfer's new nickname is Donktastic Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part, by far.

gaming_mouse
03-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Question to all of the Commerce crew who has played the 20/40 game: How hard is it? How does it play?

sthief09
03-20-2005, 09:47 PM
you write some of the shittiest trip reports ever sir

gaming_mouse
03-20-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

One hand I blind limp UTG and the pot gets capped. It ends up heads up on the river on a 3359Q board and i still haven't looked at my hand. gaming mouse bets into me and I raise saying "There's a good chance I have a 3." and the little girl only calls me despite me not looking at my hand yet. I flip over QQ and laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot one, punk:

gaming_mouse has KK (or some such hand) which of course gets capped PF with CDC and is then, miraculously, heads up. Flop comes: Axx. gaming_mouse bets, CDC raises, gaming_mouse looks into CDC's eyes, reads him like the open book that he is, and folds. CDC stamps his feet, throws down his AA face up on the table, and starts crying. gaming_mouse gives him his bottle, which calms him for a while.

Michael Davis
03-20-2005, 09:52 PM
A joke. Probably better than multitabling $3-$6 unless you are massive multitabling.

It ranges from loose-aggressive to loose-passive.

-Michael

gaming_mouse
03-20-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A joke. Probably better than multitabling $3-$6 unless you are massive multitabling.

It ranges from loose-aggressive to loose-passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That is awesome. I'll check it out when my role gets a little bigger.

Michael Davis
03-20-2005, 09:59 PM
I'll take 1/2 of you in that game so you can get experience at half price if you want. For a certain predetermined number of hours.

-Michael

gaming_mouse
03-20-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll take 1/2 of you in that game so you can get experience at half price if you want. For a certain predetermined number of hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that vote of confidence, but I couldn't deal with it psychologically if I ran bad and had to disappoint two people instead of just me. We should play sometime though. I could be convinced to hit the 9/18.

sfer
03-21-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sfer limped 86s UTG+1. Opearation Play Well and Operation Get Unstuck doensn't look too good from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I overlimped brah--important difference. And if you count my results from the start of operation get unstuck to the end of the session, I made a 4/8 bankroll.

sfer
03-21-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Question to all of the Commerce crew who has played the 20/40 game: How hard is it? How does it play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Loose passive the 3 sessions I played.

sthief09
03-21-2005, 02:11 AM
fish daddy just criticized your play. that makes you fish daddy by default

sfer
03-21-2005, 02:16 AM
Whatever. My new avatar and location rule.

sthief09
03-21-2005, 02:17 AM
you're incapable of playing >3 hours at a time without going back to your asian gambler roots

shant
03-21-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever. My new avatar and location rule.

[/ QUOTE ]
They sure do.

sfer
03-21-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you're incapable of playing >3 hours at a time without going back to your asian gambler roots

[/ QUOTE ]

Funniest thing observed at Commerce (aside from a near fight at a 1/2 HE table...1/2 as in 1/2, not 100/200). Old Korean guy getting food service at a 2/4 table. He has a burger, french fries, and a side of kimchi.

Kimchi = Gambool

Also, I folded for a solid 2.5 straight hours. Fish Daddy can confirm.

And, this just flashed on my AIM: [01:21] bdk3clash: Oh my god, my TiVo picked up an episode of Cops called "Tased and Confused" that featured suspects getting tasered, awesome

sfer
03-21-2005, 03:07 AM
I had a hand similar to the one I had with bdk3clash. CDC and I are HU in 4/8 and I pair my doorcard giving me trip 8s. His board is Ax and he's rolled up. I give him about half the action that I gave Brad and I hope MRBAA is proud.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-21-2005, 03:19 AM
yeah, in stud just as it is in hold'em, 888 does not beat AAA.

sfer
03-21-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, in stud just as it is in hold'em, 888 does not beat AAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. But in HE it was JJJ beating 555. And AAA beating KKK.

bdk3clash
03-21-2005, 05:03 AM
Similar in that you were way behind, not-so-simlar in that you didn't fill up on 6th.