PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Players! It's 4-way action on....

SittingBull
10-07-2002, 03:21 AM
4th Str. There are 3 loose-passive players in with me.
I connected with a small concealed set on 4th at the same time one player obtained a live opened pair of A's!
He then bets the MIN(1 BUCK).
I believe the other two players were working on flush/Str8.
After the opened A's bet ,it was up to me.
How should I play my 4th Str. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif hand and why??

Just wondering!
Sitting Bull
BTW, the player with opened A's never raised with a big pair on 3rd during the session.
Just interested in your general opinion based upon the limited information given to U.
Thanks!

10-07-2002, 08:51 AM
well for one thing i would probably just call. there is no point to raising since you want a big pot and dont want anyone folding. if you are worried about a set of A's well if he never raised with a pair of A's before and he didnt here then his most likely hand is maybe two small pair but more likely a draw with a pair of A's. so i would at least call. i think folding is out of the question.

Pat

10-07-2002, 02:04 PM
For $1, I would just call. It's very likely you need to fill, so no need to chase out the draws, since you probably need to hit, and if they hit, you only win more.

I say you need to improve, because, why would anyone only bet $1? (answer: to get you to call). Quads is worth fearing. BUt I'd pay the $1 and see what happens.

10-07-2002, 08:35 PM
Raise or fold. Trip fours aren't a strong hand. If this is a jackpot game and your four is live, you definately don't fold. If you believe you are up against trip Aces, fold. You don't have an over card. Additionally, if you raise, your other drawing opponents, being loose players, may call, building a pot. This is one of those situations where playing your hand tricky, rather than straight forward, is probably unwise. If you get a re-raise from the Aces, you know where you stand. If you don't get a re-raise, you may be plesantly suprised, unless this opponent is so passive that he won't re-raise with trip Aces.

By the way, What did you do?

SittingBull
10-08-2002, 09:52 AM
I was definitely afraid of a set of A's.
However,for 1.00,I couldn't resist a K-mart discount(LOL)!
Hence,I did call.
Well,the A's had ONLY a pair of A's and a Str8 took down the pot when my hand did not fill.
BTW,I NEVER saw anyone betting 1.00 on opened A's in a 1-5 game before. Usually a 2.00 bet means a set. Didn't know what a 1.00 bet meant,though(LOL)!
I wouldn't bet anything with quad's on 4th--EVEN if the players knew I had quad's!
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull