PDA

View Full Version : Party $1/$2 6 max V $2/$4 anywhere

Silverback
03-20-2005, 10:06 AM
When I play at $2/$4 6 max I feel I play alot better and my win rate is better than it is compared to $1/$2 on party.

Am i alone in this?

Maybe it seems easier as raises get more respect at $2/$4 and when they are being called by fish at Party im playing more marginal situations.

Maybe its the low bet value and Im sometimes going a bit to far with marginal hands, that maybe I would fold at a higher limit.

Any thoughts anyone?

I want to move up limits to $5/$10, Im doing ok at $2/$4 but if I cant get a good winrate over 2bb/100 on $1/$2 I feel i shouldnt move up at all.

Roy6
03-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Are there 6 max 2/4 tables at Party?

Transference
03-20-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there 6 max 2/4 tables at Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, try interpoker, pokerstars or UB.

2/4 definately tends to play substantially differently than 1/2. If your beating 2/4 your clearly losing money playing 1/2. I think adaptability is huge in 6 max hence learning different games does have value. That said 2/4 tables vary just as much as 1/2 do. You'll often find yourself realizing that a given table suddenly feels like your playing 1/2 again. Finally, how many hands have you played of 2/4? Could it be that your just underestimating the power of the v word?

USCSigma1097
03-20-2005, 12:34 PM
At the beginning of his book, Ed Miller specifically addresses the idea of people "respecting your raises". The idea that you will make more money playing at a higher limit table because people will respect your raises is erroneous. Remember that your profit in limit poker is by making the most +ev decision. If you are raising for value, as is often the case in low limits (I personally hardly try to raise for info or to "clear up outs" because many 1-2 players go to showdown with any piece of the board) you make money off of poor decisions by people who stay in with inferior hands and draws. You may have a style of play that is better suited for 2-4, or maybe you just don't have enough hands at either limit, but I would definitely try to curtail that thought that you will make money at higher limits because people will respect your raises. In my experience, many of the 5-10 games at party play exactly like the 1-2 games, so be careful. If you have leaks in your game, you will get crushed. Like I did.

Sigma