PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on my play here?

aK13
03-20-2005, 07:43 AM
.50/1 NL $25, 6 Players, no reads

UTG
MP
CO
HERO (Button)
SB
BB

Preflop: Hero is Button with T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif .
UTG limps. MP limps. CO limps. Hero limps. SB calls. BB checks. (6 players, $6)

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG checks. MP bets $2. CO folds. Hero calls. SB folds. BB calls. UTG folds. (3 players, $12)

Turn: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP bets $2. Hero calls. BB calls. (3 players, $18)

River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
MP checks. Hero checks. BB checks. (Final Pot: $18)

swolfe
03-20-2005, 12:39 PM
if you're going to play junk, don't play it like a fish?

Allinlife
03-20-2005, 01:15 PM
the game is short handed and limped to Hero on button. I'd play this every time. except I don't get how game is 25NL with blinds being .5/1

your play was ok, but since this is short handed I think you ought to get more aggresive, especially against his weak turn bet. go for 2/3~full pot size raise because you have something like 14 outs to make 2pair/trip/flush.

swolfe
03-20-2005, 02:58 PM
that's pretty much what i said /images/graemlins/smile.gif

the guy way under bet the pot on the flop, raise that up and everyone will likely fold right there. at the very least you'll get checked to on the turn and be able to check behind to see if you hit your flush on the river. i doubt your pair of tens will be good enough, but who knows...

Wayfare
03-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Fold preflop. Don't read anything that tells you to do anything but, except maybe raise.

BobboFitos
03-20-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. Don't read anything that tells you to do anything but, except maybe raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love playing lots of hands, (well, I dont really) but really, fold this.

poboy
03-20-2005, 06:02 PM
This must be some kind of loose home game with a really horrible structure ,$1 blinds w/ a max $25 buyin(who thought that up?). Given the high blinds relative to the stacks and the fact that its SH, you should definitely be playing looser from the button. I don't know about T5s though, that might be a little too loose. You should be playing way more aggressively though, with a structure like this you have to steal alot of pots. If you are going to play this hand raise it prelop . That flop is about as good as it gets for a semi-bluff raise. You got some help on the turn, I'd raise again. JMO