PDA

View Full Version : Trying to turn a garbage hand into a winner

Mizzles
03-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Ill advised check raise on the turn? Figured I was going to call anyway, thought the CR might have some fold equity, but looking back at it I don't think there's any hand UTG could fold that beats me. I put him on a medium pocket pair. Maybe it was just a check/call and fold unimproved here.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

NYplayer
03-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I think you chose an expensive way to represent a 4. I Prefer 3 betting the flop and leading the turn. You aren't going to like almost any turn card that comes off excpet a 5 3 or 7 so you need to maintain the lead going into the turn. Otherwise what are you going to do when a J comes off and he bets? By 3 betting and leading you give him the tough decision instead of facing one yourself when he was raising the flop with overcards.

zombies kill
03-20-2005, 09:19 PM
i agree. but against a good, observant opponent (most likely not the case, i know) the turn raise would probably work better. so i would have to threebet the flop, lead the turn as the default play